Local places to go canoe and fish?

I wanna go fishing out of my canoe, i do not wanna travel 100 miles to find a nice place… preferibly a 20-30 minute drive would be ideal… From the UB south campus area in Buffalo, NY. Anybody know of any good places to go?

thanks
-will

I WANT TO GO!

Drop in on the waterfront down here by Shanghai Reds… I see tons of people fish everyday and jet ski’s, boats, etc. Of course the police boat usually picks them all up in 15 minutes, but its very great to watch.

im leaving for sunset in a few we fish near there.

i just want it to be significantly wider water than the canal that way i can just row out and drift around while fishing comfortably… i could charge the battery tonight and throw the trolling motor on it… wheres shanghai reds…? and is it illegal to fish there? btw whats a permit cost these days?

i wouldn’t fish near shanghai reds, the water is disgusting.

hop in the niagara river lol

Lower Niagara near Lewistonia?

how far away is that?.. im stoked to go fishing… its been such a long time… at this time of year… whats good fishing here? and what do people use for bait?.. im SOOOO going to walmart tonight and outfitting my siq canoe… :roll: (i really am excited to fish though)

Yeah I was jk, its gross in the water. Except I did see a huge ass fish the other day (probably a catfish or carp or something shitty).

The Whirlpools are less than 30 minutes from here.

Stroke…stroke…SHIT!!! strokestrokestrokestrokestrokestrokestroke

OR maybe right off the park by the GIB. I’ve seen some guys fishing there, they seem to catch a lot.

rushford lake its like an hour drive tho!

glenn falls u can canoe and fish

i have my own pond with an aluminum fishing boat…u could come out here and fish for free and save yourself the trip with a canoe. i live in holland annnnnd theres a party at my house with drunk midnight fishing/throwing dumbasses in. haha

hahaha thanks for the offer, how far is glen falls? hows the fishing/water there… i think i wanna be able to flip the canoe and not care too… hmmm

^^ lol that type of nonsense is always welcome too…haha glens falls? grow some nuts and go to zoar valley. ill make sure im waiting at the falls for your nosedive to victory.

if the fishing was worth it… and the stream was wide enough to go fishing, id totally be down… zoar valley road was fun on the bike last year… hmmmmm

the only place i know of is the sunset bay boat launch there is a nice canal that runs out to the lake and i have heard that there is some nice fishing in the and some very nice houses along there too. a good spot for some pictures and some nice fishing.

THIS IS EXACTLY what im looking for… nice houses… docks… few hundred yards across… nice fishing… but not 45 minutes away… my canoe has to be tied down to the top of a malibu… not exactly stable at high speed lol

WILL YOU ARE TAKING ME YA BIG JERK!

and the alleghany resevoir is awesome

alrighty we will se up a fishing trip… btw… where is this reserve that you speak of?