Lumina SS 6.0L

i dunno. atleast its a s/c 4 banger and not the same v8 that everything is getting. i think its a performance car also cause it has alot of features that the other one does. suspension brakes, short shifter etc. there is more of a performance market than for a lumina. i realize im getting more caught up on the name than how the car performs. im sure its a good performing car but its just annoying to me that every model has a performacne version with that badge and that motor (or something similar)

beastmode, no s/c Cobalt for 08.

the sport compacts definately perform well and have a good market, but it still doesn’t change the fact that it is an econobox.

But how much money is GM saving by using the same engine in every car they make? I bet it’s a lot.

nothing against GTOs, or anyone who owns one.

from a corporate standpoint, they were a failure. the first year, they built 15 thousand or so, and sold lees than half of them.

to each his own i guess :slight_smile:

ive heard lots of ppl say they look like grand prixs, i guess in away i coudl see that so they are pretty plain

im sure this is true but why is it the LS1s are still expensive, i dont get that

I don’t like the back end at all, the front isn’t much better and that god awful space above the back tires on the quarter panel needs something, anything. But what I hate most is going to a car show and having someone say, “look at my GTO” and seeing this ugly hunk of shit instead of a real GTO like the 60’s models.

Acura called, they want their bodylines back.

ya i couldnt agree wit you more there… its hard to call them car show worthy… as a muscle car tho i think they are pretty sweet still

i actualy dont think it looks to bad

Looks like an ugly grand am. Every pontiac looks the same now…ugly. I like some of the old muscle cars but every single pontiac that they make now looks like the grand am. And grand am = white trash IMO

thats exactly what i thought when they came out, my friend got one and he showed it to me right after he got it and first thing i said is “so…you got a grand am?” he corrected me and said it had 400hp, to which i responded…" still looks like a grand am"

that would suck to get your doors blown off by a grand am

WS6 > GTO x 54654754747

but i think id take a gto or g8 over the lumina ss

:bigok:

blue gto with blue seat inserts is sexy

ZACTLY

I don’t like the new style GTO’s either. Way to bastardize the name of a real classic. No style to it.

Different Strokes for Different Folks I guess.

says the guy who drives nothing impressive

It’s just like the GTO.

GM just basically changed a few things of the Holden Coupe GTS and BAM! New GTO.

Their re-use of Holden stuff is kinda lame.

:gives:

I could have a yugo and still think the GTO is fugly, and given the sales numbers, a lot of people think like me.

it’s typical of GM/pontiac cars. Nice engine, shitty everything else. People expect more nowdays.