GM disbanding high performance division

WTF is this shit?! My friend was telling me about this this morning, first I’ve heard of it

whew, at least the Camaro SS and ZR1 are safe

thank god lol

also found this, I didnt know the SS was getting a supercharged LS8 power plant with 500HP…

I woulda been so pissed if they scraped the new Camaro RIGHT before they were about to make em

well, they have had pre orders for them for over a year now…so the people that ordered/paid for them would have still gotten them, but other wise, its tough luck.

old news but still relevant. bye bye cobalt SS and sts v

A smart move IMO. Especially in todays market.

You need to focus on what works.

yah…

GM has way too many vehicles that are so similar to one another, they could get rid of a few models and basically have the same thing…

for example, look at the cobalt SS and the HHR SS? Come on? seriously? they have the same exact power plant just ones uglier then the other.

IMO, what they need to do is have a few of your everyday, good gas mileage small economy cars, a few SUV’s and then the performance line of camaros and vettes…

Yea the Camaros and Vettes are all I care about. Never really liked the Cobalt SS anyways

I like choices. Too many choices is not a terrible thing… UAW’s are terrible.

+1.

HHR is one of the ugliest things on the road. I’d pick a Cobalt SS 11 times out of 10 instead of an HHR.

Chevy should have the Cobalt, Aveo, Lumina, Tahoe, Silverado, Suburban, Corvette, and Camaro.

That’s it.

Why should they save the Aveo?

cuz it’s their only entry into the subcompact car category

cobalts arent high performance lol

Is that really a big enough market to bother with though?

I had one of those things for a rental for a few hours a few years ago and it was a joke. New car with only an am/fm stereo, crank windows and manual locks.

I kept waiting for clowns to pop out of it.

damn. that should be pretty quick lol.

yes. you may not like it, but a sub compact may be all some people can afford. To completely ignore that consumer group would be incredibly foolish.

+1 I agree with this.

Yes. How many cheap fucks out there want the cheapest car possible with the longest warranty to get them from A to B and nothing more?

Why do you think Hyundai is doing so good right now?:lmao

Oh Heavens! What shall we do without the performance gurus of GM!?!?!?

I loved my Hyundai and it was a good priced car loaded up with options. It had a $14k sticker price and had power windows, locks, ac, cruise, cd, etc. A base model Cobalt or Focus 4 door cost more.

GM, Ford, Chrysler, etc need to price their cars better to sell more.