BREAKING: GM disbands High Performance Vehicle Operations

Coinciding with the release of General Motors’ Viability Plan, the automaker has disbanded its High Performance Vehicle Operations team, the crew responsible for the line V-series Cadillacs, the Chevrolet Cobalt SS, HHR SS and the V8 version of the Colorado. According to Vince Muniga, a spokesman for the General, “All high-performance projects are on indefinite hold. The engineers are moving into different areas of the organization, and they will work on Cadillacs, Buicks, Chevrolets and Pontiacs.” Muniga went on to say that there are no plans for high-performance versions of upcoming plans, but once (if?) GM is in a better financial position, the team could be reinstated.

They make HHR SS’s?

lol

well, its not as if they were going to spend any devoted time/money on R&D in this niche anyhow - so, we’re not really losing anything from an enthusiast standpoint.

I’d rather them shut if down completely rather then do it half assed (again), considering that they’d come along way in the last few years.

Glad to see em making some moves towards righting the ship as well.

all sounds like crap except CTS-V

hmm what about the new camaro? I predict that car will not have a long stay on the market

no more cts-v?

is there even a point to driving anymore? shit, i don’t think I even want to live without the ctsv

the CTSV will still be produced… the engineering is already done… same thing… all “current” models will sell through their cycle… just no new devleopment…

now you tell me i just cut my wrist…

any of you CTS-V leg humpers actually pony up and purchase one, or do you just jack off to them? the big wheels of capitalism do not revolve on wet dreams, they need money to keep turning…

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

I see GM being one boring ass company in the next few years. Econoboxes and slow ass cars.

lets try to keep this to a somewhat intelligent conversation please. At least for the first few pages.

lol i’m obv joking.

like i’d be caught dead in a cadillac

edit: haha whoops.

ok to make it a more serious note, i like the ss trailblazers. If they can put that appearance package on the hybrid it would be baller

wait they were actually building the colorado ss?

Derek, i think it was just a V8 Colorado in 2wd or 4wd, no SS or you know i wouldnt have my Impala SS

as for getting rid of Hummer, Saturn and Saab, i think its a good idea to drop Saturn and Saab. They should keep Hummer and get rid of GMC, just have a higher luxury package on the Chevy trucks/SUVs instead. This way they dont have to pay to make new grilles, trim, and body panels. If they get rid of most of the cross branded vehicles and produce less SUVs in Chevy and Buick, you can keep the H3 and H2. They can take the place of the GMC line at the pontiac/buick/GMC dealers. After im done with my Impala, i planned on getting a H3 for a DD next, and i would expect it to be new, just like the past 4 vehicles i bought.

edit, just checked, its a Sport Colorado, comes standard with the 5.3

Fuck if I’ll buy domestic in the next generation then. GM was the only one that had a reasonable line-up, and if their R&D is going to be indefinitely on hold?

No new development on the CTS-V??? Shit maybe now the M5 can actually catch up!!!

:roll:

Dammit.

Weeeeell then, let’s hope they consolidate the funds going towards cars and improve their product lineup further.

WTF, I get hit twice, Oldsmobile in 2004 and now this shit.

WWWWWHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTDDDDDAAAAAAFFFFFFIIIIICCCCCKKKK

No word on the Vette?

As for the CTS-V, it should make buying a 09 much cheaper in a couple years. Plus once the 2010 M5 beats it around the Ring it will be worthless anyways.
As for the other V cars, the XLR has already been cancelled and the STS-V really didn’t have much to offer.