BREAKING: GM disbands High Performance Vehicle Operations

I must say that I’m truly impressed with the bold steps they are taking. I think that these huge cuts are definitely in order. Back to basics. GM will rebuild an empire in due time. At least that’s what I believe. :tup: to making it happen.

x2

Quoted for truth! Just something about cross branded vehicles bothers me. Pontiac Torrent and Chevy Equinox? Are you kidding me?!:walter:

Yeah, true. A waste of time and money. Rather than two advertising campaigns, offer the “Torrent Body Kit” as a dealer/factory extra so you can make yet more money :lol:

orrrrrr they can finally just cut buick already…

Even as a GM fan I am VERY happy about this move.

Let them start building well engineered vehicles and then let them handle performance.

Anything i would buy next is either the vette, a V, or a GXP. I don’t give a shit if it’s a GM or otherwise, I want fun, exciting cars with a soul. If they start making exclusively Toyota-style appliances, they’ll lose me, maybe for good.

Did the ZR1 ever even come out?

I think Buick needs to stay. I work over in Canandaigua, and i see Buick after Buick every day roll into the shop much more then Pontiac and GMC. Buick is a good car and they isn’t much cross branding between buick and any other gm vehicle.

yes the ZR1 was released.

Buick should stay simply because the chinese love them, and its a big seller in east.

lol. Exactly. Who is the jackass that approved that plan to begin with.

They are actually a very fun little car. I prepped one at work and it had the ECO-TEC turbo motor(Cobalt SS) and 5-speed. It moves out very nicely for what it is. I also don’t think they are terrible looking, not ugly on an XB level or anything.

http://blog.vehiclevoice.com/2008_Chevrolet_HHR_SS_exterior.JPG

Well its not like this will hurt anything, they already have a decent amount of performance vehicles.

fixed…

If they made a HHR SS panel wagon I’d totally buy it. It is funny, but I bet the HHR SS out performs 80% of this board’s member’s cars. What do you drive?

Agreed, they need to shake the Unions.

Yah another Toyota.

LoL Hearse

Then what would Florida do??

They built them a while back , when the Colorado came out in 04

Did you really just ask that?

:roflpicard:

actually they do have the SS panel