Factory Turbo Cobalts?

Did I hear correct from someone that chevy is producing a turbo’d cobalt in the next year or so? I know the SS is done, but im just curious if they are boosting them now…

Wouldn’t be hard. They’ve been putting factory turbo FWD ecotecs in saab 9-3’s since 2003.

Anyone else know anything?

This made me curious, so i searched the car and driver forums. I guess there will be a Turbo HHR soon and then a Turbo Cobalt.

the concept hhr ss had a turbo ecotec in it… I’m sure chevy will follow suit with other SS models that have an ecotec in them

a.k.a. i can start following how to kit my ecotec with the turbo.

2009 Cobalt “Sport” and 2009 Saturn Astra Redline, are rumored to receive a 2.0 Turbo LNF/LNK designated ecotec motor. Rated at 265hp

the Pontiac G5 is rumored to be switching to a RWD platform, and will no longer be a sister car to either. Think BMW 1 Series competitor with Pontiacs new rebranding due out in 2009.

that be cool

We still dont know for sure what’s gonna happen to the cobalt lineup yet. The 2.4 like mine will be the top model. if they were gonna turbo the cobalt though i think they would have just done it and not gotten rid of the forced induction model altogether.

Garrett makes a very affordable turbo kit for the non SS cars now. probably a better option than waiting on one. Garrett makes great stuff and I am sure they researched it. the SS supercharged never impressed me so I hope GM does something. they have been running 9’s in ballards “street” car for 2 years so the info is there to make a really cool high HP factory car.

someday I will buy my moms car off her and turbo it for sure. Auto 4 door LS for the win

The turbo solstices and skies r rated at 260 horse.they are 2.0 liter ecotecs. Starboy brought his dads GXP solstice to dyno day.i dont remember the numbers but it was stock and it was close to 260.he will probably come on here oventually and say what it did.so i can easily see this happening in the near future.The saab ecotec looks nothing like the chevy ecotecs.After u pull the covers it looks nothing alike.i no because iv seen both motors.

thats basically the same motor as in the GXP solstice that starboy has…265 hp but it put down 250whp. very nice motor

Starboy’s Solstice GXP put down 248WHP & 255TQ

thats pretty much what ive heard and what im thinking also.

you won’t see an FI Cobalt till it moves over to the Astra’s platform, which is due out in 2009.

Retooling takes a year or so.

the supercharged SS did not sell as expected, which is why it was discontinued for 08, you’ll see the same engine from the Sol GXP/Sky/Redline in the next cobalt and astra

God damn, I need one of those motors.

i had a turboed eco… check out turn key motors out in california… they use a turbonetics

What do you mean? IIRC, there have been supercharged cobalts out for a while now.

Forced Induction = Boost