Michael Vick in trouble (or The Misadventures of Ron Mexico)

Again, you didn’t read what I said. Go back and read what I said. Read everything. Not just the first 3 sentences.

Yeah shit happens, but if people were more responsible shit happens less. Shit would happen less enough that spaying or neuturing wouldn’t be a necessity.

Have you ever owned an un-neutered male dog when a female dog is nearby and in heat? If he’s anything bigger than a little rat dog, he’ll go right through a door, window, or wall if he has to.

When my mom was a kid they had beagles, and when the female was in heat they moved the pen out to an island a good 300 yards off shore from my grandparents summer place. The male beagle chewed his way out of his pen, swam to the island (the dog normally wouldn’t go near the water) chewed his way into the pen, and got it on.

Sometimes having your pet spayed or neutered is the only responsible option.

Let’s not confuse things here. Just because a dog has its manhood/womanhood removed does not mean the dog is in pain when this process occurs. It’s the act of pain and punishment that is on the table with dog fighting. You can be the most responsible dog owner and through circumstances beyond your control, your pet can get out of the yard and get his “busy”.

Granted, there is some hypocrisy with this subject vs dog fighting because it’s still removing a living piece of an animal but if there is no pain and it does not restrict the dog’s ability to live and function, I don’t see it being on the table with dog fighting.

My dog was neutered at Georgetown. They put him under, snip snip, you pick him up the next day. If was so traumatic for him I wonder why he still loves going to the vet and all the people there. It was only traumatic for my wallet.

Yes. He was a German Shepard, and he never did anything reckless around any dogs, male of female, in heat or otherwise.

Just because the dog wasn’t in pain doesn’t mean it is any less cruel.

He was probably just gay and that’s why he wasn’t affected by the female pheromones. :wink:

That island didn’t happen to be called Pen Island, did it?

I think it’s more cruel to have 80 billion stray dogs running around, getting hit by cars, eating out of garbage cans, etc. Domesticated animal populations absolutely need to be controlled.

I think it’s more cruel to have 80 billion stray dogs running around, getting hit by cars, eating out of garbage cans, etc. Domesticated animal populations absolutely need to be controlled.

hahah :slight_smile: I sure hope not.

How can you consider something cruel if there is no feeling affected by it?

Please tell me you’re not serious.

No, I’m honestly serious?

How is it anymore cruel than having stray dogs, picking thu garbage and starving running around because a simple pain-free procedure wasn’t done.

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal in his federal dogfighting case. NFL Network’s Adam Schefter is reporting the agreement calls for a 10-12 month prison sentence.

Goodbye you piece of trash loser.

will he be banned from the nfl?

I bet he will be suspended for like a year from the NFL after he serves time.

link?

and, involvement will = lifetime ban per player conduct rules IIRC

i know what i want to be for halloween…

who let the dogs out

my bro has been vick 3 years running for halloween :lol:

he’ll be back in better (prison) condition

Ron Mexico, you are a bad man. I sentence you to a period of no less than 10 months in a federal, pound me in the ass prison.