Michael Vick in trouble (or The Misadventures of Ron Mexico)

I heard from espn that at best he wont be back in the NFL until 2010. They think he had some inside betting with other players in the league as well which if they find is true then he will most likely be banned for life.

gambling generally equals ban, and considering the circumstances…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/NjccBflo/Pics%20OT/vick_2.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8019d902&template=without-video&confirm=true

RICHMOND, Va. – Michael Vick’s lawyer said Monday the NFL star will plead guilty to federal dogfighting conspiracy charges, putting the Atlanta Falcons quarterback’s career in jeopardy and leaving him subject to a possible prison term.

The offense is punishable by up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine, although federal sentencing guidelines most likely would call for less.

“After consulting with his family over the weekend, Michael Vick asked that I announce today that he has reached an agreement with federal prosecutors regarding the charges pending against him,” lead defense attorney Billy Martin said in a statement.

“Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter.”

Vick’s plea hearing will be Aug. 27, Martin said.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has barred Vick from the Falcons’ training camp but has withheld further action while the league conducts its own investigation.

Vick is charged with conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture.

Martin’s announcement came as a grand jury that could add new charges met in private. Prosecutors had said that a superseding indictment was in the works, but Vick’s plea most likely means he will not face additional charges.

Three of Vick’s original co-defendants already have pleaded guilty and agreed to testify against him if the case went to trial. Quanis Phillips of Atlanta and Purnell Peace of Virginia Beach signed statements saying the 27-year-old quarterback participated in executing at least eight underperforming dogs by various means, including drowning and hanging.

Phillips, Peace and Tony Taylor, who pleaded guilty last month, also said Vick provided virtually all of the gambling and operating funds for his “Bad Newz Kennels” operation in Surry County, Va., not far from Vick’s hometown of Newport News.

The gambling allegations alone could trigger a lifetime ban under the NFL’s personal conduct policy.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

I saw that too. They said that the chances of him rolling over on one of his fellow players is slim to none though.

fucking scumbag should be shot on site.

lol.

Looks like i’ll be buying my first CFL jersey next season

Killing innocent animals and losing a 130M contract…Fuck him…

i hope he gets fucked in the ass… numerous times

both he and his brother need to be shot, both scumbags.

haha.

i cannot wait to hear what people say about poor mike vick…

hes not comming back at all…plus the prosecution has not accpeted his plea bargain at this time…according to the radio at least…hes fucked either way

yep he’s done, once he gets charged for the gambling its pretty much automatic ban from the nfl, plus i’m sure the comish will want to send a message with all the bs going on lately with other players getting suspended ( see: pacman jones :lol: )

If he gets the lifetime ban stick it would restore a lot of my faith in professional sports.

racism is fuckin stupid, and yet is kept alive because EVERYTHING has to deal with being a race issue. cant someone just be a piece of shit color aside ?

the man either killed or participated in killing of innocent defenseless dogs (being a dog owner, that makes me want to …) gambled, and held gambling matches at one of his properties, his own friends turned him in, and yet people are saying that he deserves a second chance ??? for what ??? :rant:

ATLANTA – Nearly one month ago, hundreds of African-American supporters of Michael Vick rallied outside the Georgia Dome.

Now, after Vick accepted a plea deal on dogfighting charges, some of those supporters said Monday that Vick let them down.
“I shed a tear,” said Gerald Rose, head of the civil rights group New Order. “I’m sad right now.”
Rose organized the pro-Vick demonstration. He, like many black Vick fans, still stand behind the Falcons superstar, despite expectations that he’ll be going to prison.

Rose said Monday that Vick now has to regain the public’s trust.

"What he needs to do when he comes out is to call a press conference and explain where a young man making 130 million dollars would get caught up in something like that,” Rose said.
Fans at Playmakers Barber Shop in Midtown said they still support Vick, because they feel he is innocent, and that he is a victim of a racist judicial system.
“It’s bad. I don’t condone it at all, but the punishment is too severe, (they’re ruining) a man’s career,” said barber Dontrell Mapp.
Black civil rights leaders said Vick should be given one more chance.
“This is what we look for, for people to take a stand for what is right and admit they made a mistake,” said Charles Steele, president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.
Vick supporters will rally again Monday night, before the Atlanta Falcons’ preseason game with the Cincinnati Bengals.
More than half of the team’s season ticket holders are African-American.

Black civil rights leaders said Vick should be given one more chance.

Go fuck yourself, 2nd chance my ass.

always playing the race card when one of theyre own commits a crime. Its a given.

those are the most ignorant statements ive heard in a long time.

their own you mean?

i agree that they’re playing the race card, but sounds like you’re pretty racist yourself…

his 2nd chance was being allowed to plea his sentence down… he’s gonna be lucky to only wind up with a year in jail after all is said and done. just like this morning i read in the paper a quote by peerless price, somthing to the effect of “he deserves another shot because everyone makes mistakes he just happened to get caught” its not like he shoplifted or somthing! are people really that naiive? sad that they can’t realise what he did (and admitted to doing) is pretty serious and NOT “normal” behavior