New 02 WRX .. Need Help!

its awesome, you will love it. so much smooter acceleration and it even has live boost readings, not to mention that you can run different maps and whatnot with it. definitely worth the 600 bucks. plus if you plan on moding anymore you can get pro tuned with it. installation is a breeze.

AP are really idiot proof. They are plug and play. Only real downside to them is that COBB kinda dictates what mods you can have done to the car, until you get into Pro Tunes. I honestly think, reading your mod list, you would have to get a pro tune, which would most likely be a couple hundred more than the AP.

What turbo does the car have?

there is a few companys out there that sell AP not just cobb. I got mine used off of the classifieds on nasioc for i think it was $450 and i love the thing its so easy to use and fast to change maps for different stages

yes, but COBB makes the AP and creates the maps, unless you have a PDX tuned one.

cobb just came out with a new version of the AP. it looks so much nicer than the current version.

PDX FTW!!!

:blue:

equilibrium tuning offers remote custom tuning and base maps. there remote tuning maps are sick.

ed is a hell of a guy.

not trying to be a dick or anything, but why does it matter how it looks? You plug it in, download and then put it in the glove box, right?

it just has a much nicer user interface apperently. i dunno i have not seen it just from what i have heard.

oh ok.

Where is that ed guy located. I want to just bring it up there and spend the 800 for a AP and 2 hours of dyno tuning.

I have a stock turbo … looking for a bolt on upgrade a little down the road.

I went to miracle mile and met a guy that actually knew what he was talking about. I also met a girl Kim that had a rex. Its nice to find people that are willing to help you out.

met Tim tonight, nice car btw, hope you get everything you need fixed/ worked out. :bigthumb:

Yah that problem your going with sounds like a boost leak if you checked all your connections. Then I would go with the fuel.

thats the problem he is out on the cali. you have to datalog and send the results out to him then he can create you a custom map. if you get in touch with him, he can tell you what you need. it sounded odd to me at first but then talking with ed and a few other people that have done it, it sounds pretty cool. and the results are great. this is the future of tuning.

Haha Starboy … Did you see the nice stall out when i left? That was so bad! I was putting my seatbelt on and my buddy shifted into 3rd without me noticing. He wanted me to stall out to make me feel stupid in front of everyone. Jackass. I still feel so stupid. As soon as I left i was like “im never coming back there again, they are cut up on me so bad thinking i cant drive”. lol

true, but I dont think it will ever be better than a dyno/road tune.

PDX does the same thing. Tell em your mods, elevation, what oct fuel youll use, and they send you the map. Load it up, do some data loggin and send it back and they will make any changes necessary.

was definitely worth the 150. I run their maps on my swapped RS and my STi

150 isnt bad at all. Where is PDX?

portland oregon. but the just email you the programs and you load it yourself so you dont have to drive out there.

Actually no. And since you just got the car i wouldn’t even worry about it. That and i know people that had cars for awhile and still cant drive them cough whitey cough

lol i had the car for 2 years and still cant drive it thats one reason why i never made it to the track yet. some days it seems like its my first time driving. i think i stall atleast once a week backin my car into the garage but owell shit happens