My mpgs are suckingggg help!

My 02 wrx is getting about 12 mpg. I know that I don’t have a rear cat. But the plugs have been replaced and still nothing. Ecu soft reset has also been done. Nothing. Any ideas?!

It’s a Subaru.

Probably gonna blow up soon.

Any noticeable reductions in power? And at what RPM range with what sort of throttle? I think that would give a little more information for educated guesses.

So, if you coast 1/2 of the time, you will get 24mpg out of it.

Problem?

http://shift518.com/showthread.php?p=957726#post957726

^ answer to your problems LOL

But seriously, do you have a check engine light on? If not you could still have a faulty O2 sensor causing you poor MPG’s.

Air filter clogged up?

Change your o2 sensors

fuel leak?

Didnt think of that good call, check this first.

Do not change both, change the front one and see if there is any change, if not consider checking the rear one, but I would def check the air filter first…the rear o2 can affect the AFR but its mainly for the catalytic converters performance.

Wow that’s shitty, thank a cigrit I dont have a Subaru :lol

Check eng is on for cat and 02, I’ll have CRC help with the filter. But I believe the 02 in the culprit

that would have been important to mention

Well then you answered your own question LOL

Since you have codes for both the o2 and cat change both o2 sensors.

Women :lol

Hey listen, gentlemen obviously my light is on if I don’t have a rear cat, which was previously mentioned :slight_smile:

I’m asking because some have told me that I should change the 02 and some say just get a tune. I was only looking for other opinions. Thanks to you that answered :slight_smile:

as long as your stove doesn’t have a CEL, who gives a fuck???

LOL, Amanda, welcome to Shift! hahah

HAHA gottum!

Wonder how the ECU compensates for catalytic inefficiency codes, becasue the cat isnt there? I am no subaru tooner so i am not sure if it trys to compensate for it somehow.

upstream o2 I say we try first… since thats the one that does the most work really.

We can also pull MAF readings for G/sec and see if its where it should be for in coming air flow. If the filter is clogged to crap, they should read low. Take a log with it as is. Remove the air filter and take it for a quick pull again and compare the logs from the MAF. If they are close, I doubt the air filter has anything to do with it. Also the thing will adapt itself out of all but a 100% clogged air filter. There will be a loss in power from detuning itself, but the ecu’s are smart enough to not keep pumping in a consistent amount of fuel, when the incoming air isnt getting in along side it. I know there is a block on the VW’s that shows the +/- up to 15% addaptive fueling. Meaning if that block says +12% lets say, its running somehow lean enough to call for %15 higher fuel trim. if its -12% its running too rich and trying to remove fuel trim. I assume the subaru is the same deal… just not familiar with the software myself. Paging BOXERSICKS

And I also said air filter because she didn’t say the check engine light was on.

If she can get it tuned with an ECU reflash, the tuner should be able to make it so her CEL is no longer on. At least any competent Subaru tuner should be able to. I recommend EFI Logics in CT.

Sandwich for payment or my help would be accepted.