My mpgs are suckingggg help!

Do you know if the cat code will play with tuning at all? In my mind I would assume it would try to lean it out, not send so much fuel through it and piss off all the tree huggers with un-catalized unburnt fuel.

If thats the case its the opposite of what we have going on here.

Is the parking brake stuck on? LOL Sorry I had to play along a bit. :rofl

You would think if it had a code for o2 though it would send enough fuel for it to be " safe". Which could knock down mpg’s.

Talked to bono, I’m going to grab an o2 tomorrow and get r dun tomorrow night. And we cleaned the MAF

yeah thats what I am thinking. O2 is reading too lean, (probably less voltage output from o2 telling the ecu whats up with the afrs) ((old plug, higher resistance from age, less voltage so it makes sense in my head)) and is requesting more fuel.

If anyone has a VAG COM like cable, for subarus and will let me borrow it, I bet I can see the voltages from the o2’s and also see an adaptive fuel trim value to solidify our theories.

did bono’s innovate jobber he has there log MAF, O2 voltages, and adaptive fuel trims? I havent played with that thing yet

Actually I dont know prob. It wouldn’t hook up this morning but I’ll look when I get out of work. And I’ll just send you pictures. I’ll be at the shop tomorrow night too so if u decide to stop by :slight_smile:

change front o2 only. Try a sparkplug defouler on the rear o2.

thats what I ment. good catch, I had no cat on my mind when I said rear o2.

FRONT or Upstream o2 when you go to get the sensor Amanda.

This!

Worked on my Subaru for the cat code, I have a drilled out anti-fouler if you want it, the package comes with two and I only needed the one. LMK.

i just picked up a 02 cel fix for my honda on ebay for under 20 bucks shipped. It spaced out the 02 sensor at a 90degree angle and doesn’t trigger my cel

i told you before to get a t00n. hellooooo

Krazy, you’re getting way too in depth man! The CEL is on, car is in open loop so it won’t even be using learned fuel trims if you were to check.

In open loop the car will run rich, like someone else said, it’s “safe mode”.

sell said subaru

http://images.thecarconnection.com/med/wrx-sti-up-in-flames_100222506_m.jpg

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9808/travisf.jpg

:rofl

:rofl:rofl

That’s what was used to pass Inspection for me. N then I started getting Terrible mpgs, so I had it removed and now my cel is back on and my mpgs are killing me

You should have kept it. The downstream O2 sensor is used for catalytic converter efficiency, it wouldn’t affect anything else.

Pre-O2 sensor exhaust leaks, fuel leaks, mass air flow sensor failing, tire pressure etc could all be the culprit. I’d bet that it’s just the upstream O2 sensor.

soooo, pics???