Newbies with Liter bikes.

She’d die of a heart attack the moment I took it out, problem solved.

Good work

This argument will never be won because it is subjective Vov. It is literally all about the person on the bike using their head. NOT the bike.

Getting ran over by a minivan on a 250 is going to have the same outcome as getting run over by a minivan on a 1400.

Say you have person X. Person X is a hot head. He thinks in an act now, think later mentality. He starts out on a 250. You proclaim him a genious. I still proclaim him dead. Why? All a 250 is doing is LIMITING your speed. Like having training wheels or a governor on the go-carts at the mini golf course.

He may live an extra year that he is on the 250 because he can’t do 160+ on the highway. But as soon as he upgrades, he will be doing shit that will kill him anyway. So yea, your argument is that starting out on a 250 is safer. Which it may well be. What I am arguing is that it dosen’t matter if the person riding dosen’t have the right mindset to begin with. He is just going to end up killing himself no matter what.

Now lets say you take a person with the right mindset of Think now, Act later. He may be just as capable starting out on a 600 as he would on a 250. There is no way you or I can judge that. Only the person riding. That is why it is personal preference.

Lock 1

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc13/craphead101_2007/2005-08-19/c2fc.jpg

Lock 2

lock 3

Lock it up!!!

YESSSS

P.S- Vlad sucks! IBTL :rofl :tongue

I’ll lock it up.

Eventually.

Most people in here don’t even ride :facepalm

I ride AND I started out on a 250. So I am actually one of prob three people in this entire thread that can talk.

The 250 was a good starter bike. But I attribute me being alive to me using my head. Once I jumped onto a bigger bike, it was like learning all over again because you are moving from what is basically a glorified moped into a real motorcycle.

Never had a wheel up on public road, never will. You also won’t see me doing 160 down a public road. That choice wasn’t made by the size of my bike. It was made by me.

How many mistakes have you done on your bike while learning how to tide on it?

It is not all in the head. Safest, most controlled drivers/riders in the world make mistakes and get into accidents.

In a panic situation it matters how touchy your throttle and the brakes are, as well as how comfortable you are with the machine.

If this is true then everyone should be on a 250 according to your logic because no matter how experienced you are in a panic situation you are going to crash? Cmon Vov.

I drove my 250 for 6 months, no accidents, no nothing. Didn’t get to a panic situation until I was on a 600 for one week when an 80 year old hag cut me off. Guess what, I handled it perfectly, no accident, no injury, nothing. The reaction for me was the same as it would have been on the 250. My BRAIN decided the outcome of that, not the bike.

Your training on the 250 and the experience did you more good than you think.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen noobs SLAM on their brakes when something comes up, you’ve learned to modulate your braking so you don’t lock up the front wheel.

Not only that it gave you the base experience needed to know how to control the bike.

I can’t argue against this because it is possible.

This god damn thead is pointless…the first bike you choose should be what you feel comfortable with. they only go as fast as you make them. for all you cats who think you can corner or ride like nickey haden your in for a wake up call im not a pro but ill run you for your money the point of riding a motorcycle is for the thrill and freedom. stop judging people for thier bikes and let them enjoy what they have

I started out on a yzf 750, a r6 and an older cbr 600. Now that i really think about it, some of the older bikes were alot less forgiving and brutal. They tended to correct you if you didnt respect them enough.

Everybody would be on a Harley or some sort of cruiser then…

Anyone that decides to ride a bike on the street has made the decision to put themselves at much greater danger than one that decides to drive/ride in a car, it’s a moot point discussing what kind of bike that person decides to ride.

So why do sport bike riders have much higher death rates not related to alcohol when on average they drive less miles than the cruiser guys?

Saying that you can’t control your risk by starting smaller is ridiculous.

You guys have no facts to back anything up besides saying “you will die anyway”

I’m sure that there is absolutely no point to riders on just about EVERY motorcycle forum and the hundreds of articles and thousands of links as well as countries telling people to start small have NO point right?

Let me get this straight, that is what you guys are trying to say?

Sky is green too and the grass is blue - what a wonderful world you guys live in.

Ignorance is bliss.

Really feel like my mom is trying to argue a point and she’s eventually going to throw her hands up in the air and leave the room.