NYSpeed @ Winged Warrior Performance Challenge - May 11th, 12th 2007

fuck graduations. have them mail out your diplomas. count me in for some racing, if i get picked of course.

looking at the results from last year, there should be some pretty quick cars…but no ones really ‘that’ fast. i didnt see any trap speeds over 130, so i should be right in the thick of them if things go as planned. i like how Evo’s / STI’s own the top 7 rankings from last year

viper 75th lol

We’ll probably all go. I didn’t go to Carlisle because there wasn’t any racing, but this looks like fun.

You’ve been a bitch since 8th grade??? :slight_smile:

it sounded good until you actually read all the rules

i am definetly in. this looks like a great time. i just have to find a car before then

i’ll go … not for competition though.

Two FYIs from the rules

1. Your car has to have a complete interior, not gutting.
  2. You have to use the same tires for both the auto-x and drag racing. On top of which no drag radials, racing r-compound, or slicks are allowed.

So basicly if you dont have awd, you are SOL

Way before that actually…but people didnt know what to call me until around 8th grade :stuck_out_tongue:

There are no points for ET in the drag portion, so I’d say with FWD or RWD you’re going to spin and trap nice and high so you should do well. Yes AWD may beat you on the 60’, but maybe not. The best last year was only a mid 1.6

I found my tire choice if I do this. :slight_smile:

just lower your HP… along those lines i would assume nitrous isn’t allowed for either because i know SCCA dosen’t allow it

My car will have an “interior” and I dont plan on winning, just having fun and scoring some decent points in the AutoX section. I suspect I’ll get raped (15 seconds or so) in the 1/4 and on the “show” bit. I’ve gone through the rules, I’ll be running D class, if I compete (which I’m planning on).

it says in the rules for the drag racing it is best single E/T, no mention of mph

I think they allow nitrous. In the rules where it is talking about you not being able to add or remove parts between events it says the only exception is removing the nitrous bottle during the auto-x part.

it levels the playing field, you think your the only one who’d benefit from using slicks/r-comps ?

never said i was. And it doesnt level the playing field.

It simply adds a wrinkle to the competition. Doesnt give anyone an advantage. Personally I like the rule…run what ya brung…isnt that what we hear so often on here anyway?

so r-comps on an evo for the auto-x would be fair?

I think he’s saying it’s favoring the AWD cars… without good rubber the 2WD cars are crippled in comparison, unless they are packing high top end in the 1/4… or a serious driver in the auto x.

a 2wd car SHOULD have more top end in the 1/4 than said awd car that will win in autox… no one car is going to win every event, i’m sure they made the rules that way on purpose. in the end tho its all just for fun anyways, some people need to stop reading into it so much! :slight_smile:

well i want to bring drag radials but they wont let me :stuck_out_tongue:

ya. Why wouldnt it?

Not trying to argue about the rules. My point was just to point out two of the rules that probably would affect a bunch of people and save them the headach of going there and finding out they cant run their cars because they didnt really all the rules.

And honestly, does anyone on here really think they would have a chance of winning? I know i dont, so it would all just be for fun. And to me, spinning a 1/4 on street tires isnt fun. Especially since i would have to buy them :lol: