Import vs domestic shootout.

Whats up guys. Well most of you dont know me but my whole life ive lived in Western NY. I have been a lurker on this site for about about 7 months now. Well About 3 months ago i moved to Cleveland ohio for school. I go to Ohio Technical College, and am training to be a master tech. Well me and A teacher i have, have been talking about having a OTC: domestic vs import shootout at a local dragstrip next year. We were gonna try and rent out Norwalk dragway but i guess with the NHRA rules for next year you cant rent it out. And its double the price of Dragway 42, Which is the place we would probably hold it. My teacher works at a shop called Slick Motorsports. He has a 700hp TT Stealth, that he would probably bring, and his shops Evo that has around 600hp. He said he could talk to abunch of his customers and friends, who have plenty of 600 to 1200 hp Evos, Eclipses, Supras, and some other cars to come down. But it would be like a open drag all day. And then at night there would be a shootout with the top 10 fastest imports and domestics. Its just gonna big like a big carshow/dragrace. We are just throwing it around now and havent really set up anything. If alot of people are interested we would defianetly do it. It would probably be around 30 bucks for the day to race and cheaper to just show your car off. I thought i would post it up on here because you guys are a cool bunch of people and thought you might be interested. You could have a NYSPEED tent and shit. Well if anybody is interested Let me know. Its kind of a long drive for most of you, Probably like 3-3.5 hours, But it should be a good time and you could probbaly meet alot of cool people.
Thanks for your time.

i might be down…

i guess i would be

Also We arent out to make money, so obviously the more people we get to come, the prices will go down. We dont want too many people so you cant get alot of runs in, but a nice group would be great. I mean if we got like 100 people we could be down around 25 dollars.

And on the way down its 150 miles on the I90. Believe me, Its an excellenct run to make highway pulls, I make this trip 1-2 times a month. On Some stretches in Ohio and Pennsylvania you can see for like 2 miles ahead of you.

So im just gonna let this thread float around for alittle bit and see what happens.

Again, thanks alot.

Id come. Ill race with people in the 15’s

Id be down

i’d be in as well

ill show up as a spectator if thats cool?

I’m down, i’ll have my car done by then hopefully :slight_smile:

when would it be?

i know the slick motorsports crew pretty well :wink: matt (owner of slick) built my rx7 and did a bunch of work on my old 240sx, good guy :tup:

Well we are not really sure on the date yet, It would defianetly be next summer. Amd sure spectators would be welcome.

Im not really to concerned on what you run, atleast you have interest and showed up, and that would mean me more to me than if you went out there and put down a 10 sec run.

sure, count me in

When you guys rent out Mid O or Nelson and have a Domestic vs Import shootout, let me know.

i could be down for this

Racing from a stop?!

yea its this new thing, not too many people know about it.

HAHA you guys could caravan on the way up there and make up NYSPEED movie. A whole bunch of roll racing

no points transfer once you’re over the border :tup:

id be down.

I’m IN :pimp:

:lol: