anyone with connections at nyirp???

well, my friends and i have been trying to set up a track day at nyirp and can not get a returned call. Does anyone know how to set up a drag day and is any one willing to set up a nyspeed drag day?

also do you think they might be a little lenient on the whole cage thing if it were a private session?:snky:

anyhow we need to make this happen. everyone that ever bitches about not getting enough runs in on open nights needs to try to make this happen.

mav7 was running 11.3’s at a private day with no cage. As I said to others before, I’ll pay to come do burnouts and get a few runs in, but wont be running anything fast.

according to the website its $600 for min 10 cars and 60 per car additional. i have no problem with the pricing. id almost be willing to pay half if anyone could get ahold of the guy. j/k sorta lol

They will not be easy on the cage thing, especially now. Just this past saturday a guy flipped his car over the guardrail, tore the roof right off and got mercy flighted out. Heard he possibly has a broken back and broken foot. A cage is for your safety, your car’s fast, get one or drive the speed limit. I’m not sure how fast this car was going in the 1/4 because its a newer car for the guy, his past cars have been all 11 second cars, it doesnt take much, 121mph can kill you very easily. I will find out more info soon…

shit ^^^^^

It used to be $500 for 10 minimum, plus VHT et al.

They will not necessarily be anymore lenient. Depends on the group. Some people have gotten away with not enough safety equip… sometimes not a chance.

Based on what Oroc said, I don’t think your odds are good.

And, no offense but you wanna run your low 11 / high 10 car @ the track, and get away without the required safety gear… isn’t your wife preggors?

I never had a problem getting ahold of them in the past but with the owner changes you never know. I was going to try to organize my track day soon so I’ll let you know what I find out. As with the cages good luck with the new owners…they’ve been teching like crazy.

BTW…a car did flip on Saturday but it did stay on the track and there was no mercy flight. They took him to the hospital in an ambulance just as a precaution.

this subject is touchy because they want u to be legal and safe and not race on the street but yet when u want to do it rite they tell u to go away untill u have a cage. most people i know just dont have the $ or the time to get one.
however i also see the other side of things like the track being owned by a person and him just trying to protect his place and insurance.

idk i guess u could just do 1/8 mile passes and guess off of that

1/8mi is no good for me. my car is all top end. i understand the rules, and im not trying to become a bracket racer. i just want 1 or 2 time slips for my car then ill probably not go back. Id just hate to cage my car (which probably wont be this year) just so i can go out and make 1 satisfying run and then call it quits. My car is not a drag car, so i do not want to cage it and chances are i will be turning the power down after the track day, but i realy just wanna see what she can do after all my hard work.

turbociv just get a damn cage already u have been crying for months about it! its for your safety!!! if u wanna run there without a cage shouldnt have made your whip a burner

at our track rental they were very strict about cages, right bill :slight_smile:

I know somone that works there, PM me your number and I’ll see what I can do

you got a pm.

Im talking with SW racecars right now and taking some measurments. I think ill be placing an order there soon. 300 shipped for a 8pt cage to my spec isnt so bad and all i have to do is weld it in. but i stil dont know how soon the cage will happen.