NYIRP 2008 has a new owner

Its official on the site now.

http://www.nyirp.com/

perfect!

I was wondering when Bob would finally GTFO and let someone in who will do the improvements that are needed such that they can bring back the “big-boys” (Top-Fuel,Funny Car, official upper level IHRA/NHRA stuff)

CRAP… no more lax rules for bikes hahaha… oh well…

haha, I need that more than anyone.

Wonder if whoever rented the track every year (can’t remember the username) will still be able to do it.

I’m sure they will still follow the same basic structure, as the previous owner will be basically running it side by side with the new people for the first season (according to the link)

From the looks of the article Bob is going to be running the track this year so I should be able to without an issue. I’m just hoping the prices for the rentals don’t go up…Bob has always been awesome working with me on the rentals (last year was actually the 3rd year I did it and the best) and I hope the new owner’s are the same.

Terry

sweet

cant wait to head up there this year with whichever car I end up getting

:tup:

cool…but if there were any hopes at all for a 1/4 track around here, or lancaster finding a way to extend it’s track…it’s probably not gonna happen now.

not that i care much, i’ve only tracked my car once…and probly only will once this coming year…but just a thought…

Do you still need a cage to go under 11.50?I heard that they were going to make some sort of allowances as there are getting to be a few cars that can hit that stock.
Derek

It is IHRA/NHRA rules not NYIRP so they would have to make the change. It was actually 11.99 a few years ago but they dropped it down.

awesome!!

Hopefully they’ll bring back the Empire Nats.

hopefully they will actually start teching cars now. from what i understand, Vito has big plans for the 2009 season.

Hopefully his plans include installing the concrete barriers instead of the metal ones; as well as increasing the paved pit area. That’s all the IHRA said Bob needed to do to run Fuel cars… he wouldn’t do it due to the $300K cost…

Even though when the Fuel cars were running it the drivers LOVED the actual track surface from what I was told; they just weren’t allowed to run anymore due to safety issues with metal barriers.

If the new owners actually do the upgrades that track needs, it could be a real IHRA even stop.

Uh, bump for a crosspost quote.