Official: NHL Playoff Thread

i think we will keep malone, but hossa probably is gone.

Hossa probably was just a playoff pickup anyways, and it’s paying off.

true we gave away a lot of up and coming talent so it better pay off.

With 15 points in 14 games, Malone is going to ask for a lot. If Pittsburgh signs Hossa, it’ll be the biggest surprise in the off-season because it will mean they aren’t signing Malkin next year.

i think i read on the pens boards that he will probably get around 3.5m? (malone) hes worth that and im sure hell want to stay in Pittsburgh being that we will still be contenders, and hes native. ive heard hossa likes playing in pitt a lot also, but that doesnt mean hes wiling to take a huge cut unfortunately

That’s what it’s going to come down to, unfortunately for Pitts. Malkin is going to demand at least 8 mil/season, Crosby’s cap hit is something like 8.8/season, and Hossa is going to want at least 7 mil/season. Actually, I’d be surprised if he signed for anything less than 8, and you know teams are gonna be willing to offer him that.

Detroit is going to be facing the same problems, too, as are all teams around the league. Buffalo just happened to be the first team to feel the wrath of the CBA and the cap.

Pittsburgh is definitely next.

crosby gets 8.7 … too bad malkin probably wont take 7.1 :stuck_out_tongue:

Crosby isnt worth 8.7 WTFZZZ

everyone in hockey is getting crazy money now.

arod makes 28 million. granted baseball isnt capped but it is arguably a much easier sport. both are top 5-10 players in each sport too.

a-rod is top 5-10? you don’t watch much baseball eh?

not a whole lot, no, but maybe manny would be a better comparison? he still makes 20 mil. i dont see why arod wouldnt be top 10 either, didnt ge hit 50 or so hr’s last year and 150+ rbi’s?

But briere is?

boy were you 100% wrong tonight, pitt got outplayed by all those old guys big time, they better do something or this series isnt going far.

19 shots isnt going to cut it

what a mess that game was. pitt needs to get their shit together asap or the “long series” that was predicted will not happen.

i enjoyed that game alot :slight_smile: detroit made the penguins look slow on alot of occassions

ughhh i was feeling good after the first period, then the wings showed up… fluery was dead in the water tonight… a lot of soft goals. shoulda knew something was up when he fell coming out of the locker room onto the ice:picard:

too much time off, or just simply too much skill… at least 3 more games to find out

yeah what the hell was up with that wraparound

UGGGHHHH how frustrating to watch, we deserved to lose that game 100%

pittsburgh played with ZERO heart and drive, got beat to every loose puck, and thoroughly played like a team with no belief they could win

hopefully they get their shit in gear for game 2 b/c game 1 suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

Zetterberg’s goal at the end of the game was insane. Couldn’t have been a better shot.