Official NHL Trade deadline thread

Popular rumor still has Panthers Ollie Jokinen-aka the “throat thrasha” comin to BLO, for who one could only speculate,

commodore to ottawa scares me more than stillman in ottawa…stillman is over the hill, commodore will bolster ottawas d-line something huge…im surprised they tossed away corvo though, he was always clutch on the PP

gotta give a little. And as you cna see they give up too many weak goals. this solidifies their d-line more when they already have an outstanding offensive front. Now only imagine they still have chara…

o mister caveman himself.

caveman or not the dude can definitely play. I myself hate him with a passion because he tends to get away with alot, but how can you argue with a reach of like 10feet with the stick and a shot of 100+?

Miller long term would be a mistake.
He’s proving thsi year, he’s not that good.
Last year was a fluke, compare his numbers to Birons.

Biron>Miller>Thibalt

I Agree, sabres need to do something, tho this is thier own fault.
Briere > Vanek
Thankfully there’s still hope in our home front, the Sabre’s have WAY more chance then the Bill’s, tho im starting to think we need some STAFF changes.

Once they all agree that sabres arent making the playoffs this year, Campbell will get traded. Theyre not going to trade (what they think is) their best defenseman and try to push for the playoffs. The trade deadline is the decider of accepting your season is done, or trying to make the playoffs.

miller started off the year shaky, yes. but really? do you pay any attention to stats at all? over the last month and a half, miller has around a 2.10 GAA and a .925-.930 sv%…

not to mention, biron has been splitting time more and more lately in philly due to a decline in his play. i would much rather miller get hot heading into the playoffs.

anyway, back on topic.

something tells me the sabres arent going to be giving up on their season in the next two weeks :bloated:

I guess its a good thing you’re not the GM of the team, because if you think Sabres are going to make playoffs, let alone do decent…

27 games left and 1 point out of 8th…yeah, they are totally out of contention… :bloated:

WHAT!! are you stupid

last year’s stats:

GP: 63 GA: 168 GAA: 2.73 Sv%: .911

this years:

GP: 50 GA: 119 GAA: 2.41 Sv%: .914

and marty’s stats this year:

GP: 41 GA: 104 GAA: 2.69 Sv%: .917

if anything i would say he is doing better than last year

I would highly doubt Marleau is coming to Buffalo…a) they love him in SJ b) isnt he in the middle of a long contract.

Not that I am saying I wouldn’t love to have him…shit him on a line with Max would make me tired just watching

i guess its a good thing you watch hockey

The only way I trade Campbell is if I’m 100% sure I won’t be able to sign him for next year.

The same people saying, “he’s not that great” and “we’ll be able to replace him with XYZ” are the same people who were saying the same things about Briere/Drury. You don’t just replace all star players with some prospect you called up from the AHL or a draft pick trade.

IB4TheSabresWinTheCupFrom8thSeedAndShutYouUp

:lol:

one can dream

:lol: directly at YOU. :bloated:

if you think that scrapping a team’s season by trading off quality players and/or not committing to long term deals with your star players when your team is in playoff contention is the way to run a franchise, then that makes you, sir, an idiot. :wiggle:

the whole attitude that it is cup or bust is extremely short-sighted. this is what you need to do.

1. build a team that can GET TO the playoffs
  2. get hot towards the end of the season
  3. make some tweaks before the trade deadline
  4. play well and get lucky in the playoffs

once you make the playoffs, you NEVER KNOW what could happen. so your whole theory of a trade deadline yardsale or forfeiture of the rest of the season is laughable.

:drama2:

I think shelling campbell off with maxim (who i feel isn’t living up to his contract after that wrist injury :frowning: I love max but 3.5 mil for him isn’t worth it.) for someone that could sign for about 4 -5 mil (another marquee player).

The way the sabres are I think it might be a great idea to just say fuck the defense and get another goal scorer (jokinen, or someone else out there) so we can get back to that 3.5-4 goals a game mark.

Miller seems to strive on tough games like hasek did. He can only get better by getting shelled by pucks. Plus we have some really good defensive forwards (Roy, brainfart… so maybe we have roy that can play D lol)

Going back to last years mentality though 4 goals a game will win

Comparing numbers from goalies starting for the number 1 team of last eyar and the last place team of last year, still make biron look like the better goalie.
He would be 3x as good if they didn’t let him rot on the bench, 13 wins a row was no fluke.

35 games with a 3.03 GAA yes hes fuckin raw:bloated: