Zidlicky signs with MIN - 3 yrs $12

im sure there are others im leaving off…bot nothing too crazy as of yet

Chelios signed with Atlanta :awdrifter:

Jordan Leopold traded to Pittsburgh

Darcy acquired Bob Corkum

wait that’s tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL!

LOL!

listening to WGR…they’re talking about the trade deadline and how we never do anything, and he just said “Fans were making jokes about Bob Corkum 5 years ago”

:lol:

a lot of sources have been saying to look for the sabres to make a big splash tomorrow…honestly who knows and its hard to believe…but take that for what its worth.

Every time they make a big splash via trade or free agency it’s in a negative way :frowning:
Last positive deadline trade I can remember is Zubrus. Even that isn’t up to the level of other teams’ big deals.

lol there hasnt been a big splash in a trade deadline in YEARS for the sabres.

but none the less… i do enjoying seeing what happens around the NHL…so the deadline is usually a fun day regardless

Last one I can think of is picking up Doug Gilmour and JP Dumont for Michal Grosek :lol:

Rumor has it Roy and Macarthur for Lecavalier … how sick would that be!

that would be incredible. But I don’t see them spending the money, or Darcy having the balls, or Tampa having an incentive to do that.

that would be amazing…but dont see it happening. Lecavalier is the lightning. he is the franchise. i cant see tampa letting him go

can they afford him going fwd though?

his cap hit is 7.7 mil

edit: interesting article on why they might consider trading him

He is 30, sounds about right for the sabres to trade for a soon to be dinosaur

How so? Our old buddy Brett Hull was knocking out 40 goal seasons until age 40.

Lecavalier also has a no-trade clause in his contract

that only means they cant trade him unless he agrees to it… which they always can get a player to do

“Hey Vinny, we know you already have a Stanley Cup and a ridiculously large contract in a beautiful thriving city full of gorgeous women. However, would you consider leaving your ocean front home and exotic sports cars year round for a shit hole town like Buffalo who has no forseeable future as being a Stanley Cup contender?”

Sorry, but Vinny trade rumors have been circulating for years. He’s not going anywhere. Also considering the team was just bought by new ownership who wanted Vinny/Stamkos as the face of their franchise…chances are they aren’t going to move him.

Not to mention, Vinny’s contract is virtually un-moveable. No team in their right mind would pay him $10 million a year. It came into consideration when selling the team. They trimmed the price to accomidate for his shitty contract. Maybe Los Angeles, since they lost the chance to get Kovalchuk? Maybe the Rangers, because if Redden can make $8 million a season somewhere, Vinny is worth twice that.