Official NHL Offseason Thread

felt like making one of these to discuss all the offseason stuff thats goin on.

Just announced:

Ed Jovanovski signs five-year deal with the Coyotes worth $32.5
Zdeno Chara signs five-year deal with the Bruins worth $7.5 million per year
Marc Savard signs five-year, $20M deal with Bruins
Leafs ink Pavel Kubina to four-year, $20M deal

^^ Wow I am shocked about Jovanowski…they were predicting him going back to Florida

**Also now you can add Hal Gill to the Maple Leafs defense…

you can add the sabres being too cheap to sign mckee, and also their new logo is donald trump’s hairpiece.

wtf… phoenix??? i knew he was gonna end up leaving, but thats even worse than florida :frowning:

Mckee to STL for $4 mill a year for 4 years

senators say goodbye to hasek, sign gerber

and the canucks got willie mitchell, i can live with that one

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS

gerber to the sens? FUCK JOHN MUCKLER

cant believe chara is going to draw 7mil a season…

blake back with LA :tup:

fuk fuk fuk
i havent heard this yet, i need to check up on it

if this is true, it blows

Oh it’s true :frowning:

http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/07/276408.html

ppppppphooook

sabres as a team is good, i think we’ll be ok without mackee

NOOOOOOOOOOOOomfg!!!

fucking color me PISSED!!!

FUCK

i FUCKING KNEW we fucked ourselves last year by “qualifying” him for less

this had better not mean fitzpatrick becomes a fucking starter

count on them being too fucking cheap to sign anyone good, it will be either him or paetsch.

tom galisano can spend 50 mil on running for governor and have no chance but cant lose 3 mil a year on the sabres

has nothing to do with golisano…all about regier thinking he can run a stanley cup caliber team on a pep boys/washington capitals budget…

hopefully darcy wakes the fuck up then, i wouldnt count on it

he won’t…this year showed we can win with a pep boys payroll, so he’ll try to cheap out for one more season

we SERIOUSLY need some defenseman signing to make this work tho…or at least SIGN someone and not be just sitting on qualifying offers :ohnoes:

We were the 2nd best team in hockey, 1st being a hasek led senators team. Hasek and Chara are gone, making our squad the team with the best chance to win it all next year. All we had to do was #1 hold it together for one year and #2 get any defensive depth we could. JUST FOR ONE YEAR. I seriously wouldnt mind if we tanked for awhile after next year so long as we won it. Get the city out of its drought already!

chara IMO is not worth 7 mil a season

BUT

ottawa is going to crumble without him there…sounds like a division banner for next season :stuck_out_tongue: