OFFICIAL '12-'13 BUFFALO SABRES SEASON THREAD

Welp, start of the new year and already some great things happening.

1. No more Harry Neal doing color, will be replaced by Rob Ray!
  2. Drafted Grigorenko and Girgensons to fill our Center need. Ripping off Calgary in the process.
  3. RJ will be calling all 82 games this year! Which means less Sylvester.

Its a good start Im pretty interested to see what darcy can pull off from sunday on. I have a feeling he will he knows everyone will be greatly disappointed if he doesnt get us a new face or two.

Off topic but I noticed your sig progrocker. You play BF3? hit me up sometime my usernames Rkellz ispissin.

82 games? Pegula is gonna have to up his scotch allowance.

I’m. So. Excited.

Fucks yeah.

For PC. Couldn’t find you on there?!

My guess is neither of those guys will play for years… kid we got first round last year is also nowhere to be found. I dont see this team making the playoffs unless they make some big changes. Gonna be another long season.

Darcy is looking to sign Grigorenko soon, which means he could have a roster spot this year. Armia has 1 year left of Military obligation left in Finland, which is why he hasn’t been here.

Would be nice to see Grigorenko out there but the Sabs never seem to rush their prospects except for Meyers. Looks to be a decent player will definitely have to move a few guys to make room for him. Who do you start him over? Roy or Hodgson… I wouldnt put him on the fourth line he would never develop with the players on that line. D is looking a little suspect this year need to bring in at least 1 or 2 solid defensive defensemen to block some shot for Miller. Didnt know that about Armia I try looking up info on the kid constantly and can never find anything.

thank god Harry Neal is OUT. Every single game i say outloud at least 5 times “OH SHUT UP HARRY”

I will miss his sweater vests though.

If Grigorenko starts, they’ll put him probably 3rd line and maybe move ennis to the wing again? Or they dump off Roy and toss him in the 2nd line. Either way he was quoted saying his type of game is physical. So he’s like a Zach Kassian only good. If it wasn’t for him getting mono and not playing much last year he probably would have gone Top 5 in the draft. Some mock drafts had him @ 2.

ah im on xbox thats why man.

I was wondering the same if grigorenko starts this year. i dont think moving ennis back to wing is a good idea but you might have to if this kid is good.

John Scott mother fuckers. 6’8" and 25-0 in fights. Hopefully he knows how to skate.

I can’t wait to see him fight lucic or chara!

Sabres just acquired the best fighter in the league in my book! I understand that part of the game is disappearing but he is the best tough guy we’ve had since Ray.

Hell yes this dude is bad ass and hugeee. I cant wait to see him fuck some people up. We still need that final offensive piece or two tho.

Roy to Dallas. I like the direction we are going

I don’t think we are done yet. We have an over abundance of d men. Something has to give!

I’m guessing Adam Pardy was a “must” for Sabres to take. I really hated Steve Ott on other teams for cheapshots. He is consistently one of the biggest checkers in the league. He doubled Kaleta’s hit total last year. Is Darcy building the Bruins here?

Derek Roy:
• Center. 17 goals 27 assists -7 rating
• Due to make 5.5 million in the 2012/2012 season. Last year of contract
Steve Ott:
• A pest of a forward who can actually score. 11 goals 28 assists + 5 rating
• Signed for 2 more seasons at 3.2 million
• A REAL LEADER. STANDS UP FOR HIS TEAMMATES
Adam Pardy:
• a defensemen who played in 36 games last year. 3 assists, -5 rating
• signed for the 2012/2013 season at 2 million. Probably will be in the minors.

I think Buffalo is the winner of this trade

I cannot wait until October

Meh, Steve Ott falls into the Hartnell category. Someone you hate on other teams, but would kill to have on yours. He’s really going to bring something to this team. He’s a better faceoff/offensive player than Gastaud and backs his shit up (unlike Kaleta). He’s got a certain intensity about him that the sabres are truly lacking.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Now we just need a center, because Hodgson, McCormick and Gringrecko (whatever the fuck his name is) aren’t going to do it.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

#1 center
#2 Hodgson
#3 Gringrecko/Ott
#4 McCormick

It’d be nice to put Ott #4, but he’s too much of a role player to be on the 4th line.