OFFICIAL '08-'09 BUFFALO SABRES OFF-SEASON THREAD

i figured that since the season is over that it should become an off-season.

(WGR 550)- Sabres winger Thomas Vanek has three goals and an assist to lead Austria past Great Britain 10-5 at the World Championships in Austria. Vanek and his countrymen are playing in the “B” pool. Vanek had two assists in Sunday’s 8-0 win over Korea. He has three goals and three assists in the two games which lands him second on the tournament points list. Austria plays the Netherlands on Wednesday.

Other Sabres that will take part in the “A” pool in Halifax are Paul Gaustad, Jason Pominville, Drew Stafford and maybe Ryan Miller for the United States, Derek Roy for Canada, Ales Kotalik for the Czech Republic and maybe Toni Lydman and Teppo Numminen for Finland and Maxim Afinogenov for Russia. Henrik Tallinder turned down Sweden while Jaroslav Spacek did the same for the Czech Republic. Jochen Hecht turned down Germany to have wrist surgery. Tim Connolly would’ve been invited to team USA had he not had hip surgery.

http://wgr550.com/Vanek-rolls-at-World-Championships/2002141

(robhimself radio) This just in Larry Quinn is a fucktard

Truth.org

Nathan Gerbe, Yay or Nay :gotme:

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=362645

eh…he was good in college. He’s very small though. Some people say he is good…many say overrated, but you won’t really know until he starts playing. You probably won’t see him in a sabres uni next year. He will most likely be on our farm team for AT LEAST a year

I’m going to predict we get rid of all the good players and sign all the shitty ones to ridiculous contracts this off season.

why not? one way to find out if he’ll cut it or not, give him a shot!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2008/05/07/nhl-sabres-balsillie.html

:picard:

meh, it would be funny to the see the sabres sponsored by blackberry…

that being said, the nhl/County would NEVER EVER let the team move from buffalo

as much as I’d like to believe that, this is still Buffalo…the land of failed endeavors

no contract for Kalinin

http://wgr550.com/Kalinin-done-as-Sabre--Affiliate-Announcement-Comi/2302936

I heard many cheers throughout WNY when that was announced.

:lol:

good hes worthless

Yeah, too bad the kid was really solid while paired with Pratt, and really solid playing over in Europe in the off season.

A coaching staff on some other team who knows how to use him will make a great NHL player out of him.

Same can be said of Afinogenov, who will also probably be gone soon.

god i hope you’re right

Yep, can’t wait to see him racking up goals and assists on some other team who is smart enough to consistantly put him on a line with someone better than Peters.
:picard:

Speaking of Peters, can we finally dump him?

Oh wait, he’s cheap, so Tommy will surely keep him around.

I’m sure he may “fit” somewhere else, but he was too much of a giveaway liability, and far from the offensive presence he was originally drafted for.

Max is a tricky one, as he has shown capable, and then faded to the background all in a weeks time. He struggles with confidence still, and when he’s playing his game, he is a stellar player, but it is totally at random.

maybe, just never liked him. too many turnovers and too little consistency…year in and year out

Lindy Ruff is the reason Max is a head case, going all the way back to benching him for one game in the playoffs when everyone was struggling. Max has been the scapegoat for the Vanek/Roy line, despite that line doing it’s best last year when Max was on it.

Really, without a coaching change, I hope they do trade him. I like the guy too much to want to see him fucked with the way the Sabres are. He’ll be the next JP Dumont. Aka, an above average player that Sabres fans bitch about losing in a couple years.

He did very well for us in the past, hate it see him go, but like you said… why let buffalo drag him down.

management/coaching needs to get their heads out of their asses