OFFICIAL '09-'10 BUFFALO SABRES SEASON THREAD

schedule released

home opener against Montreal.

34-39-9. 77 points. 6 points out of 8th place.

pretty cool about the day after thanksgiving game at 1pm IMO.

Wow, Skunk. I know everyone wants their name on this thread, but this is a little too soon :wink:

Sounds about right based on what I’ve seen them do so far. Hell, Ruff says he’s good with the players he has. GO SYSTEM!!!

lol…well i figured with schedule released today…rumors and what not going on, why the hell not :slight_smile:

Meh, if we stay healthy and Miller plays just above average again, I can see us grabbing 7th or 8th despite how much better our division has gotten.

Shooting for a mediocre 8th spot out of 15 and a 1st round playoff exit is the sign of a horribly run franchise

I know everyone says you can’t blame a lack of succes on injuries, but look at where Buffalo was before their key players went down. There was a time when they were looking to grab 5th place in the conference but then fell drastically. You take your #1 goaltender out, your #1 goal scorer, your #1 center (even though he’s not a real #1 center, but Roy is as good as we’ve got) and wtf do you think is going to happen?

A healthy Buffalo team should be much better than 8th place. It’s whether or not they have the depth to survive key injuries that concerns me.

just took a look at the schedule, we better be in a playoff position before the last month of the season because 11 of our last 16 games are on the road. that’s pretty shitty.

aiming for 8th place is pretty bad. why not put together a team that 8th place isnt an option.

the Sabres will travel the fewest miles of any NHL team this year. A lot fewer. At 25,911 miles, the Sabres’ travel load is less than half that of the Flames (who will log the most miles at more than 55,000). Only the Flyers (29,087) are even under 30,000.

Even with their one brutal Western swing, the Sabres’ travel load is down 4,631 miles from last year. That’s largely because there are no trips to Edmonton, Calgary, Minnesota, Colorado, Dallas and Chicago as there were in 2008-09. All of those teams are instead coming to Buffalo. “Western” road trips this year include games at Detroit, Columbus and Nashville, a big difference.

uh oh, they’re gonna have to go to the next car on the excuse train then. Probably something along the lines of (Injuries, young team, small market, overpriced free agency, bad economy)

Vancouver gets fucked with the Olympics…14 game road trip FTL !

btw, any season ticket holders who get dibs on 10packs again this year? Wouldn’t mind grabbing a few games

i’ll probably be posting up games in sets of three in the next week or two, as soon as i can meet up with the other guys i have tickets with.

I had heard that Vancouver asked for the long road trip so they could have a majority of home games towards the end of the season.

cant wait for the season to start :tup:

77 points will put you about 15 points out of a playoff spot…
(Last year we were 41-32-9 with 91 points…2 points from 8th)

I’ll predict 43-30-9 for 95 points, sneaking in at 7th

I notice you left coaching off the list. :wink:

I can’t wait for hockey season to start, I’m just not that excited for the Sabres though. They have done nothing to get me excited about the team, fuck even the Bills managed to do something to get me excited but the Sabres love to do jack shit.