Buffalo finally trades a goalie *link*

mika noronen traded to vancouver for a 2nd round pick

thats it?

a 2nd round pick?

they could have atleast traded Biron for a decent defensemen.

i guess they want to keep biron as insurance…trade deadline is 3pm…there should be more wheeling and dealing

link to this?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157822&hubname=

are there any other sabres trade rumors?

nothing as of yet…pretty quiet on the trades so far…jeff friesen is heading back to anaheim

the big trade so far was yesterday, montreal and colorado swapping goalies.

yeah colorado got the better end of the deal…aebischer hasnt really showen he can be the true #1…and with Huet playing well in MOntreal, he might sit as #2

yeah, just heard that, they interrupted jim rome for it.

yea, but at this point its kinda up in the air, theodore has been less than stellar for sure this year… so who knows. plus he’s still out for a few weeks, they better hope he’s 100% for the playoffs

i think theodore got hurt when he slipped off his front porch…if i remember well

Bye Bye Mika :wave:

aebischer only had one bad month this season, and that was back in december. this year he’s been playing extremely well. i wasnt too pleased about the deal at first, since i am an Avs fan, but we’ll see how it turns out.

Hmm…Carolina loads up by acquiring Doug Weight and now Mark Recchi for next to nothing, and Darcy “I dont know how to make a trade” Regier goes for a 2nd round pick.
Sabres are gonna be :wave: after the 2nd round of the playoffs.

next to nothing??? both trades required prospects and draft picks…

Carolina Hurricanes acquire forward Mark Recchi from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for forward Niklas Nordgren, forward Krys Kolanos and a second-round pick in 2007

Carolina Hurricanes acquired centre Doug Weight and left wing Erkki Rajamaki from the St. Louis Blues for a first-round pick in 2006, Toronto’s fourth-round pick in 2006, Chicago’s fourth-round pick in 2007, forward Jesse Boulerice, centre Mike Zigomanis, and the rights to unsigned draft pick Magnus Kahnberg.

2nd rnder for an unproven goaltender is a decent deal…

im pretty happy with the trade
mikka wasnt too happy here anyways and we get to keep biron :tup:

2nd round picks for Buffalo have been good to us recently…

Jason Pominville and Derek Roy ring a bell?

Im glad for Mika that he is getting a chance somewheres else

:word: