NHL Draft 6pm Tonight...Already some good sabres rumors

I highly doubt Vanek or max could go but hey you can never predict Darcy Regier…

We need a trade for defense…

Also Oilers D Chris Pronger declared he wants to be traded from Edmonton.

BUFFALO NEWS: Tim Graham reports the Sabre have been the centre of “a couple of doozies” trade speculations this week. " Get this: leading scorer [size=4]Maxim Afinogenov and goalie Martin Biron to the St. Louis Blues for the No. 1 overall selection. Or this: unreliable-but-potent winger Thomas Vanek to the Calgary Flames for defenseman Jordan Leopold. Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier denied both rumors, but admitted this time of year can be fun." Regier also denied any trades were imminent. Graham notes Afinogenov had a good regular season but a poor playoff and has never been considered “a heart-and-soul player”, while goalie Martin Biron and his $2.128 million salary for next season has to go.[/size]
Spector’s Note: The Flames are desperate for affordable offence and the Sabres might need more defensive help if Jay McKee and Teppo Numminen depart via free agency. The two clubs have made major deals before (the Chris Drury trade three years ago) so it’s always possible the two sides could swap again.

i cant wait for the news tonight. rumors of the new jersey being released tonight is another one

:smiley: Tim Graham is my uncle. (he married my dad’s sister)

oh yeah, why would the Sabres give up Maxim? I can easily see Biron going because Miller is pretty damn good, and MAYBE Vanek if they can get a headline maker to replace him. Other than that, rumors is rumors and you can’t believe them.

My Uncle Don Luce, (Ex- Sabre now Head Scout for Buffalo) better pull somethin off.

anybody see the florida and vancouver trade?

Crazy stuff there! Second time Keenan has traded for Bertuzzi in his career.

Leopold has already been traded so that one is out of the question. Trading Max and Marty for the first pick would of been a steal for us. Good thing St Louis was smarter then that.

meh, watching through the playoffs i saw maxim make more bad plays then good. I think we need to get rid of him. And even though mckee is a good defensive player he takes alot of penalties and i think he accouted for atleast half of the oppostions scores against us with tips.:lol:

holy frickin name dropping whores :lol:

it’s BUFFALO, a lot of people bound to be friends/family of various sabres affiliates

a lot of guys wearing pink at the draft

at least mine was mentioned before I posted. lol

They get rid of max and i will no longer be a sabres fan…end of story

Max is fun to watch but he wasnt very good in the playoffs and probably needs a setup man that can keep up with him the way lafontaine made mogilny. Vanek could be traded for a large pizza and some wings and Id accept it. Losing McKee would be terrible, the guy has more saves than most goalies do.

my friend told me that mckee was offered like 2 or 3 times the salary buffalo is offering…to play in pittsburgh. said it was in the buffalo news. it would suck to see him play on a different team in the same conference

kinda shocked but buffalo grabbed the #1 rated european goalie in the draft with there second round pick…:gotme:

I guess no new Jersey after all.

so what happened

they arent announcing anything till later on.

Anaheim reveiled there new uni’s…kinda plain looking