Official NHL Trade deadline thread

Well looks like we got the first “big” trade, altho the deadline is a bit away still

“Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray announced today that the club has acquired two Stanley Cup champions, centre Cory Stillman and defenceman Mike Commodore, from the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for defenceman Joe Corvo and right-winger Patrick Eaves.”

Stillman should be a nice fit in Ottawa, probably playing with Fisher should make a formidable 2nd line

The Sabres meanwhile announced that they have traded four hockey pucks for one cracked hockey stick. Team owner Tom Golisano stated this was the largest trade he could allow under the current budget.

:lol:

Wow. I hate Ottawa even more now.

thanks for ruining my life.

will they be playing against us tomorrow :bloated:

oh, and none of those players were on Eklund’s mentally challenged website. :bloated:

i would love olli jokinen, but i am dreaming if i think that could happen.

yeah the sabres aren’t making any moves and if they do its to get something good for campbell… Which they will not.

Hes going to leave at the end of the season anyways, so getting something now is a bonus. Flyers are going to sign Forsberg.

Like Jay said, they’ll probably trade Campbell for a zamboni driver.

it’s possible, but then again we’ll have to wait and see. im hoping he goes back to colorado

fooking sabres.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a top quality zamboni driver in this league?

lol!

i would have loved a d-man like commodore on our team. big, nasty, 6-5, 228, guy… wait, built kinda like tallinder… except he plays the body properly.

I’ve heard some rumours of Campbell going to SJ with a draft pick for Patrick Marleau, i think it would be a pretty good trade. I think Marleau would fit very well here. I think we definatley need a good first line center. I think we have enough defensemen, i definatley think Pratt, Paetsch or even Sekera could even step up.

dont discount campbell’s value as a puck moving defenseman. how many breakouts does he start, or even better, how many times does he bring the puck into the zone himself and create scoring opportunities? the answer is a lot. sekera was mediocre at best while he was up. i have liked pratt’s play, and paetsch has been inconsistent this year.

im not too sure how i feel about marleau. yet another reason why i am looking forward to increased interconference play next year.

I just think Campbell is a liability, he isn’t a very good “defensemen” hes good at moving the puck and is a great skater, but i don’t see us spending 6-7million a year on him. My ideal trade deadline would be us trading Campbell and Kalinin to Florida for Jokinen, and moving afinogenov and a prospect/draft pick for Danny Boyle

if we could do that, sign me up. i think the chances of it happening are slim to none, but i would do backflips if we pulled it off.

lol @ the sabres getting a new Zamboni driver. I dont foresee them doing any big transactions like usual.

Yeah, if only the sabres could make something happen. I really dont want to see Campbell getting a huge contract. I would much rather sign Miller long term than Campbell.

miller longterm FTMFW! if it would only happen.