Official NHL Trade deadline thread

whatever Jay, just because you can’t hit the net

he doesnt really do much either tho. i mean yea he is smart i guess but ive seen him play for a while, like as early as when he played for colorado and he’s nothing amazing. he doesnt even play all the time. i dunno, i guess im just mad that after losing drury and briere all we did was sign Pratt.

I’m kind of sick of hearing about how Buffalo is a small market team. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2008 we are 2nd in attendance in the NHL and I’m not sure about the TV rating but I bet they are up there also for the Sabres. I’m tired of the Sabres using the small market team as a crutch and excuses to not make moves or sign players.

dumbest thing ive heard in a while. If you have played any hockey JV in highschool or up, your are more qualified to analyze a game then ANYONE who never played. I would be willing to bet that 90% of people who watch hockey and never played hockey could not define the terms back checking and fore checking without the help of google.

ehh I haven’t actually played organized hockey for more than 1.5yrs and I could fully analyze the game itself…it all depends on how much interest you have in being a fan of hockey in general

in the news today, lundfag resigns with the strangers, 6 years, over 6.5mill per season…that just sent millers pricetag through the roof too…ugh…

i don’t know how to break this to some people, but we ARE a small market team. sure our attendance is skyrocketing, but we still have one of the lowest ticket prices in the league…same problem with the bills. you don’t think its coincidence that both of the professional sports teams in the city complain about us being “small market” do you?

yet it still baffles me how golisano refuses to put more money into this team after the fucillo-esque huuuuuuuuuuuuge money he’s got in returns from this team in the last 2.5 seasons…of course we appreciate the new balleR scoreboard though :slight_smile:

re-signs. not resigns. But whatever, I would expect to pay Miller ~6Mil anyways…while we are at it lets just sign him for a 15year deal :lol: at NYI

see, you failed the perceptive and comprehension skill section of my point. My point was quite the contrary that playing hockey “clearly does provide you with experience that could help you to more intelligently decipher a situation” with regards to analyzing the game. You read what you wanted to read, instead of what I actually wrote.

the dumbest thing I have heard in a while is you trying to refute a point that I made, when you didn’t even read my whole point. :bloated:

is every person that played hockey qualified to be a general manager? DEFINITELY not. has every general manager in the NHL played hockey at some point? probably. But it isnt playing hockey ALONE that qualified them. it is their strategic vision, leadership skills, negotiation skills, and macro understanding of personnel and player management within the context of the league that qualifies them.

THAT is my point. :blah:

WHY DO OUR sport teams suck at player management!?

Bump…deadline this Friday and no real action so far. If the Sabres were going to make a deal what do they really have to offer to other teams other than players off their current roster. The farm system has been depleted the last few years with guys like Roy, Pominville, Paille, Stafford, and McAurthur all playing with the big club now. The only prospects I really hear anything about is Tim Kennedy (Michigan State) and Zapragan (Rochester). I wouldn’t consider either of those two top shelf guys.

well, it happened, BEST OF LUCK CAMPBELL

huh?

wait what

deadline is this tuesday the 26th.

yeah… hell be better off… he wasnt producing enough for you guys as it was

While there are people who understand the game very well but aren’t good players, most of the time what ryana96 said is true. from playing the game, at high levels at that, my whole life, I definitely feel I have a good perception of hockey and understand what is being done/what needs to be done.

I have played with/against a boatload of junior b, a, d3, d1, semi pro, and nhl draft guys. I feel my experience with that has given me an understanding of the game that I wouldn’t have otherwise. When I’m in net I know where all ten guys should be, are, (hopefully) and when I play with d men on a team I know how they will play a man, and can anticipate plays and anticipate how they can potentially unfold because of it. this def translates to my understanding of the game when I’m just watching it.

now if only I could become a better playmaker as a forward lol (been in net since I was 7, but only started playing out last year)

edit: also, to people new to the game; whenever a rook makes a bad play and I say something to them about it (I almost always try and make it constructive criticism and bring it about nicely) their defense is inexperience. but they are all hockey fans. they watch the game. but they don’t fucking pay attention to it. The newbies who do pay attention know how it works, so even if their feet and hands aren’t skilled, their positioning can be.

Look at Valore, a team I used to play for at buff state (and still do from time to time). mostly ex d3 players from Fredonia. They picked up 2 new guys, new to the game. these kids can skate, but not great, and their hands aren’t good at all. but their positioning is up. These guys (the rest of the team) have their systems down from playing with eachother for a long time at a high level. well organized passing, great control in the offensive zone, (my only beef is lazy forward backchecking in the neutral zone but thats the way it goes when games dont really matter) and a well organized power play, with passing to the outside, closing in, tons of give-and-go’s, etc. these 2 new guys fit in great because they pay attention and try

:whogives:

So who went where?

yeah but you suck man

while I agree with you completely, and think he needs to get off his ass and spend some money, i have to defend him a bit in that he took on a team that was in jeopardy of leaving. he took on millions upon millions of dollars of debt from the regis pieces of shit.

he really needs to spend some money on offense though, we don’t want to end up like toronto

blow it out your arse