Outdoor Karting at CVMP: "The Battle Continues" - [FINAL DATE Saturday 10/17]

Outdoor Karting at CVMP [10/17/2009] [FINAL DATE!!]

The track has been RESERVED for our group on 10/17 and prices are now set. Pricing and schedule are now FINAL.

UPDATE 10/16!!

Directions / Route to CVMP

We will be leaving Crossgates together at 8:40 AM, but just in case, here is the map of the route the group will take to CVMP. Very straightforward.

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m380/ajg914/XGatesCVMP.jpg

UPDATE 10/15!!

Schedule, Qualifying & Race Format

OK, so we have 50 laps total, and 12 karters.

Here’s how we will run it.

I. 10 Lap Practice Session
II. 10 Lap Practice Session
III. Heat 1 (10 Laps)
IV. Heat 2 (10 Laps)
V. Gridded Race

At first everyone (all karters) will run a 10 lap practice session to get used to the course.

After a break, another 10 lap practice session will be held.

After this, we will split into two run groups, selected at RANDOM through cards.

One run group is “A”, the other is “B”. Each group will have six (6) karters.

For simplicity let us assume there are karters A,B,C,D,E,F in run group “A”, and karters “G,H,J,K,L,M” in group “B”.

There will be two qualifying heats, Heat 1 and Heat 2.

Each karter will be RANDOMLY assigned a starting position (referred to as P1, P2, P3, etc) for Heat 1.
The order will then be REVERSED for Heat 2.

So, if karter A was P1 in Heat 1, he becomes P6 in Heat 2.

Now, the FINISHING order for each karter will be noted for Heats 1 & 2.

Karters will “earn” points for a finish as below:

P1 - 1 point
P2 - 2 points
P3 - 3 points
P4 - 4 points
P5 - 5 points
P6 - 6 points

So if karter A finished P2 in Heat 1 and P4 in Heat 2, karter A is assigned 2 + 4, or six points.

AFTER the two heats are completed, the karter’s total number of points is divided by two.

LOWEST THREE SCORES from each of the Groups “A” and “B” will move to a “TOP DOG” group of six (6) karters.

The remaining karters will be placed into Group C.

Group C will have a gridded race of 10 laps, with grid positions determined by:

1. Point total (low to high) or in case of a tie:
  2. Most positions gained in either Heat 1 and/or Heat 2

The “TOP DOG” group will go to the next step, with each of the six karters getting a timed flying lap of the course to qualify on the grid for the FINAL race.

FINAL RACE will be a 10 lap race, with the winner in the “TOP DOG” group being judged the overall winner and taking the RESPECT. :rofl

I know this is somewhat complicated but see my example below for the Group “A” and "Group “B” breakdown and an example of finishing / starting order for karters A-L in Heats 1 and 2 based on the points system:

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m380/ajg914/asdf.jpg?t=1255635223

In the columns at left in the above example:

“POS” stands for Position
“Start” stands for Karter Position at Start of the Heat
“Finish” stands for Karter Position at End of the Heat

In this example, karters A,B, and D advance in Group “A” as they have the lowest overall number of points in the group after Heats 1 and 2.

Karters J,K, and M advance in Group “B” as they have the lowest points total. Note that karters G,H, and M shared a points total of 4, but M advances because karter M managed to gain the most positions in Heat 1, being gridded at P6 and finishing at P3.

Therefore, this system rewards GAINING positions from where you were gridded in case of a tie.

Best of luck to all!! :thumb

UPDATE 10/11!!

Meeting Location

CROSSGATES MALL:
Alternate Parking Lot across from Melting Pot / (Old Hooters) entrance. See RED square below.
In case that lot is blocked off for whatever reason, go to the far end of the big parking lot, BLUE square.

http://images.uncleajg.multiply.com/image/1/photos/52/600x600/109/Ckuo1.jpg?et=sxZHMlVrU91BhqSwZ33kcg&nmid=75706857

Meeting Time

10/17 (Saturday) 8:30 AM Sharp.

There’s a 10 minute “grace period” and we’ll take off at 8:40 AM.

I’m sure that everyone would appreciate punctuality as there are many on this board taking time off from work and spending time away from family to be at this event. Let’s not inconvenience others.

Thanks.

If you are on this list but are no longer attending, please PM me ASAP.
Likewise, if for some reason you are not on this list but are attending 100% please PM me.

FINAL LIST

1. OsoiNA6
  2. Swiffer
  3. Vovchandr
  4. SINGHISKINGHTHEBESTDRIVERISCOMING-(he should really be no1 on the list since thats where hes finishing across the line)
  5. Shady
  6. Wayne64SS
  7. Mike
  8. Ilya
  9. Brooks
  10. FreakLS7
  11. Jammer
  12. Ilya’s Friend
  13. Dave (not big red?)

Other Stuff

I’m awaiting confirmation on what food (if any) is available at the track. Waiting for a reply on this…
If NO FOOD will be available, we’ll stop at the rest stop just before Syracuse on I-90 for people to pick up a sandwich or something.

Racing format will be up by 10/14. Please be patient as I am overseas right now and have limited access. Thanks!! :thumb

BRING CASH!!! Once again NO credit/debit cards/checks will be accepted at the track.

0. Intro

ATTN: E-thugs, Drifters, Hard Parkers, CP’ers, Go Getters, Bed Wetters, Track Nuts, Male Sluts, Pimps, Playaz, Hustlaz, Poonani Hitters, Long Dong Silvers- Get In Where Ya Fit In and experience true

WHEEL TO WHEEL BATTLE, Pt II!

http://www.cherryvalleymp.com/i//ariel_track640.JPG

For those of you who hit up GPNY with the fellow Shifters last October and had a blast, don’t miss out when we hit you off with Part II for some mo’ bang bang for your dang dang:

Last time:
http://shift518.gom-host.com/showthread.php?t=3718&highlight=GPNY

This time:
Faster Karts (45+ mph)
Real Outdoor Track
Full Rental Equipment
Track to Ourselves (no waiting for run groups!)
Lapping Session followed by Gridded Start and Final Race
AND it’s going to be cheaper per lap than even a professional indoor place like GPNY.

1. Venue & Schedule

Cherry Valley Motorsports Park
http://www.cherryvalleymp.com/home.html

4930 Route 20, Lafayette, NY 13084 (20 min. from Syracuse)

Schedule (Subject to slight change, but below is rough outline)

8 AM – Depart from Albany NY
11 AM – Practice Session (2x10 laps)
12 PM – $hit talking session I (aka lunch)
1 PM – “Qualifying” Heats (2x10 laps)
2 PM - $hit talking session II (aka snack)
3 PM – Final 10 Lap Race with Gridded Start
4 PM – Cool off, heal battle scars, head back to 5-1-8

2. Format

I am certain of two things:
We will have the track to ourselves, and we will have 50 laps per person.

I am considering the following format (subject to some change after we nail down how many are coming):

(1) 2 x 10 lap practice sessions to get everyone familiar with course / etc.
(2) 2 x 10 lap “qualifying” where groups will not be gridded but start out from the pit in certain order, and are sent out with say, a 1 second interval. Order when finishing “qualifying” session is noted. Starting order will be reversed for the second set of 10 laps. Then, the average of your finish order in the 2 sets of 10 laps will be used to place you on the grid.
(3) 10 lap final race with gridded start depending on karter’s spot in previous 2 qualifying heats. Again, this can be in two different groups depending on turnout.

Winner gets trash talking rights on the forum for a year… And gets the RESPECT (yeah right).

Simple right?

So what’s it gonna be? Choking the chicken on a Saturday afternoon or going four deep into the hairpin (while choking said chicken) and seeing who comes out fastest?

http://www.cherryvalleymp.com/i//10_1.JPG

Watch for updates as details are ironed out. More information (meeting place, time) will be posted by the end of September. Questions, PM me.

3. Cost

Below pricing is FINAL!

IMPORTANT: Payments will be CASH basis only.
This is a small facility and debit / credit cards will not be accepted.

$100 per person IF we have less than 10 members
$85 per person IF we have between 10 and 15 members
$80 per person IF we have more than 15 members

At $80 per person, this is dirt cheap for outdoor karting with all rental stuff included.

(In comparison, you would spend between $100-$120 at an indoor place to do 50 laps, and this would still not be the same as being outdoors. Also, don’t forget we will have the ENTIRE facility to ourselves.)

NOTE: Due to limitations on number of karts, ability of owner to service everyone’s kart, participation will be CAPPED at 20 members.

4. Outro

Equal karts = All out battle = No excuses!

See you all at the track!

http://www.cherryvalleymp.com/i//p2.JPG

• OsoiNA6 (Archie)

Cliff’s Notes

• Karting is STILL a cheap way to go wheel to wheel racing.
• Cherry Valley Motorsports Park is a nice outdoor spot with unbeatable group rates for outdoor kart rentals.
• Event is planned for SATURDAY 10/17. Leaving 8 AM, arriving back 6 PM or so. [FINAL]
• Approximate cost will be $80 to $100, not including transportation costs.
Event will be CAPPED at 20 participants [FINAL]
• BONUS! This event is guaranteed to generate tons of new smack talk and drama- two Shift staples.
• Don’t miss it!

The question is, is can you put two people in a kart.

Meaning, myself.

1. OsoiNA6
  2. Wayne64SS
  3. Vovchandr
  4. SINGHISKINGHTHEBESTDRIVERISCOMING-(he should really be no1 on the list since thats where hes finishing across the line)
  5. Shady
  6. Ilya
  7. FreakLS7
  8. Jammer
  9. Swiffer
  10. Dave
  11. Ilya’s friend
  12. Neo187H

I’m 100% IN!!!
They hold regular series go kart events there right? I’ve raced on this track once in my day of go-karting.

“Good… Then it should be EASY” (lame-o quote from Tokyo Drift, preceding line was “I already beat this piece of $hit once!!!” but I love it)

Hahha

god damnit! This is my type of shit too!

Im going to be in Boston this weekend. God damnit.

Dunno if you misread, but it’s next month, not this weekend. LMK if you’re interested.

haha! Add me to the list Archie, I’ll be there.
I just checked the site too, It is indeed the track I’ve been to for a WKA points race back in the day lol
Can’t wait!!!

sounds like a fucking blast, prolly cant do it though

I’m obviously in!

Archie never disappoints so I’m in for Epic winning-ness.

Wayne is not allowed :shifty

I’ve seen guys your size before in a kart. But if you’re interested, I can inquire with the owner if they have any extended chassis karts with larger seats… Or just throw in your Corbeau and call it a day. haha

1st of all you are the best thread maker ever, you take a shit load of time preparing your fucking topics man, you are nuts

2nd

:rofl

and on the serious… im DEFINITELY GOING DUDE FUCK YA PUT ME IN BITCH 100 BUCKS IS WAT WE PAID AT GPNY AND THAT SUCKED

Calm

*Breath in

Down.

*Breathe out.

(Repeat)

K ! SORRY ! BUT IM WHOOPIN YA ASS AT THE TRACK SON AND WERE GONNA GO BACK AND POST ME WINNING ON THE SHIFT BLOG

Hahah yo you are a bag of excitement kid… You should peddle yourself as a hype man to some DJs or something, could make some loot (and obtain a thug following as well).

I notice you added yourself at the “0” spot, I moved you from 0 to 4 though so people don’t think there are 14 people going when it’s really 15… Naw mean?

Ill 100% be doing this

Add me to the list

add me in as long as all things go right from here till now

i will be doing this again is the day locked in if it is ill ask for it off asap i had a fuckin kick ass time at gpny evan tho i got lapped by a girl (tracy wayne’s gf ) haha idc

Put me in for a more than likely. As long as nothing drastic happens Im game!! Im pissed I missed GPNY.

Now I gotta lose some weight to get competitive :lol

Competitive…with the back of the pack!!!