Anyone interested in a track day at SMP Nelson?

Shannonville Motorsports Park

Full Nelson, ie 7 turn configuration…NOT GO KART.

http://shannonville.com/img/trackmap_nelson.gif

This would be on a week day. Monday, Tuesday or Friday. Date TBA. Just seeing if there is any interest on this forum.

It will be from 10:00 AM to 5PM.

Split into three different groups. 15 minute sessions each.

If the numbers are lower, ie less than 24, there will only be two groups at 20 minutes each session.

10 cars maximum per session on track at one time if there are three groups. 12 cars maximum at two groups.

2 “Drift” groups and 1 “Grip” group, or vice versa depending on interest. Grip groups will be made up out of other boards I frequent, ie, gtamotorcycle.com, rx7club.com, ca.dsm.org

Tech inspection will need to be passed. Bald tires are at your own risk.

-NO LEAKING FLUIDS AT ALL.
-All lug nuts must be present.
-Brakes must be in good working condition, ie you have pedal pressure and pad left.

This is a feeler. I regularly put on track days for bikes, this would be my first for cars. Post up if interested.

Price is dependent on running two or three classes, ie, numbers game. I will commit once I have 15 or more confirmed.

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards.

Might be interested in this, grip. Where is it?

I’m interested, but it depends on money and if I get a bit of a chance to learn my car a bit better before the day comes.

When will this happen? After may? sorry you you said and i didnt see it.

figure out a price and a date and ill let you know if im in. thanks

im in plus 2 other cars

I’d be in.

i might be in dependins on price and if i can stay at my grandmas

i’d be interested as long as its after early May.
And the Go-kart setup was awsome for drifting by the way.

Andrew.

Best way to learn your car is the track. For real.

Price will be in between $90-$140. Pending number of cars. I don’t care to make mucho money, but I do care to lose money…ie I can’t afford to lose it. I know it’s a broad jump, but the numbers make a HUGE difference.

I frequently pay more at a track day so there are less people on track with me and I have more session time.

It will be after early May for sure.

Go Kart track is only good for drifters IMO.

Nelson full is still good for drifting AND grip. Think, if you can smoke em sideways all the way through turn 1, you are good. Something to aim for.

Go kart track is ALL slow sharp ones.

Myself and two friends are in if it’s a Monday or Friday, Mid week is out.

Definitely interested in grip session.

I would come but I’m leaking from the main tranny seal and I’m missing a lug on the passenger rear wheel because the threads are pushed together lol. Hopefully I’ll have a new motor/tranny and get a new wheel stud by then.

This is now most likely going to be in May…

There is a 30 car cap in effect.

If you are serious, please keep posting up. I have 6 other cars that are confirmed regardless of date right now, that leaves 24 spots open.

On a side not, would you guys be mroe interested in a HALF day set up? Ie, 9-1:30 PM

This would be much cheaper for you guys. It would also be a 20 car cap…not 30.

im interested keep us posted

w3rd.

Id love to finally hit the track. I will confirm closer to the date.

I really would need to know the exact date dude, please let me know when you know :lol:

I’m figuring out if i’ll be running in the Ontario Challenge Cup or not, if I’m not, and if this is after mid may I will be there 100%.