Overplayed S-Chassis Mods?

I think there’s a general misconception that as soon as you put on a different set of wheels, your car automatically looks better than “stock”.

It is completely false in my opinion. Just because you put battles or any kind of aftermarket wheel on your rust bucket doesn’t make it better than if it had stock 7 spokes. (Not directed at you)

What I’m getting at is that, don’t try to be different for the sake of it. Sadly enough, I’ve actually seen quite a lot of S13s on stock 7 spokes that looked much better than S13s that had aftermarket wheels.

for where i am it is,i dont see any other pignose

Umm…almost ANY car in the world looks better with a nice set of aftermarket wheels. Of course “nice set” is subjective, and some OEM wheels are awesome (BMW, Lamborghini, blah, blah), but generally, aftermarket wheels > OEM, for looks.

Ya you can have a rusted out 240 in an ugly colour with a gross bodykit, that has Battles and looks worse than a stock, black 240 with 7-spokes…but in general…

No. Even if both cars were in the exact same condition, height, colour, etc…and the only thing different being the wheels.

I agree that “nice” set of wheels is subjective but em_5ive was saying that “at least it isn’t the stock 7 spokes” and I was proving him wrong.

Fair enough – 7 spokes aren’t bad. Probably better looking than some bullshit aftermarket wheels, but Battles >>>> 7 spokes (or the 5 spoke S14 wheels).

^^agree it all depends on the rims weather its shitty or not…but battles are affordable and look way better then 7spokes imo

yeah fobwall… you’re wrong.

wheels make a car.

Point taken, and agreed that there are alot of s13s that look better than some that have aftermarket wheels.

AND, that is just my personal opinion on battles vs stock nissan oem (s13 or s14). Regarding the general misconception, that is definetely not what I was trying to say. I’ve seen many aftermarket wheels are just not to my taste.

+1

… i can see a thread developing over this lol

lol

once again

Lol… Oh and coupes > hatches

Hatches>coupes

hatch > coupe

Seems like hatch is getting the majority of the votes :slight_smile:

GG coupe

I have a Hatch, but i’d love to have a coupe. I want them all :slight_smile:

and Braden, Theres alot of pignose’ in Oshawa, and the pig on your car was mine before you got it lol

(1) JDM Kouki look on Kouki’s
(2) Stickers that try to express how “JDM” you are, on the side of your window

Can’t call the drift day done without a nice circle jerk…

s15 = hatch > kouki = coupe >>>> zenki

haha

haha my car is most of everything listed in this thread. I love it haha.