Penn State vs. Notre Dame

I suck smokeyburnouts cawk into english…what the fuck does that translate to?

:bowrofl:

i like how none of you actually had anything to say relating to the aspects of the game. Alteast i know enough about college football to make intelligent conversation about the game. typical pittspeed ignorance.

back to pitt, you can’t hold it against wanstedt that walt harris only seeme dto wanna recruit florida and ignore the talent right here in the WPIAL. I think in wansteadt’s one good year of recruiting he’s done a fantastic job. its not so much that penn state is a great recruiter, when pitt brought johnny majors back and when they had walt harris they just recruited so poorly here that by defualt penn state did a lot better. Bottom line is, if pitt wins the battle for wpial talent, pitt is gonna become a very good team. it makes more sense for a star in the WPIAL to go to pitt where they can be a star rather than go to miami , etc and get lost in the shuffle. Rod Rutherford had the right idea when he said he wanted to play infront of his hometown, his family & friends and try to win a national championship for his hometown. The trend has started a few years ago of guys staying home and playing for pitt, Pitt has a good rep @ alliquippa, woody high. you keep getting stars from those schools and you are gonna do good. If you continue to recruit flordia you are gonna get what’s left from what miami, FSU and Florida. ocasionally you are gonna get a stud like Blades or antonio bryant but for the most part you gotta concentrate on your area when its one of the strongest in the country.

let me get this right cutty, you should only live where you went to school. Since we are in Pittsburgh we should only be rooting for Pitt? That is the worst argument ever. I am not even going to start on that one. Penn State has a def chance of winning the game, I believe they will win. I don’t think ND is going to be able to put up 35 pts, they barely got 14 against unranked GA Tech.

:rofl: all you’re doing is reciting ESPN radio/internet back to us and using the Rich Garcia recruiting argument but substuting Pitt for WVU. get over yourself Theisman :hsugh:

isnt Go Blue a U of M thing?

i know it was back in the day.

Ga tech has a very good defense. they beat up on miami towards the end of last season. just because GT is unranked doesn’t mean they can’t have a defense thats dominant. ND put up lots of points last year with ALL the same major componants so all of the sudden cuase they faced a good defense they can’t put up points?

rookee:
because i formed an opinion its because i watch ESPN? i fucken read the paper, watch the TV and come up with my own opinions. all you can do is make fun of me because you can’t hold an argument about the topic. And how am i supposed to know about college football unless i listen to the experts? i guess God just blessed you with knowlege on everything without having to learn the facts first.

oh and a few more things. ND unlike PSU played a decent team its first week of the season and won on the road. its not like chan gailey isn’t a good coach, he turned kordell into a half decent QB when he was the Offensive cordinator for the steelers. For ND to be able to control GT wr calvin johnson enough to win is a pretty good indication that Penn state isn’t gonna fair much better agaisnt them on offense. Penn state couldn’t even run the ball against AKRON from the MAC.

even if penn state can shut down the passing offense what are they gonna do about darius walker?

can someone please give me some good football reasons they think penn state can beat ND @ ND?

turnovers

why thou, psu gettin pressure on quinn? weather?

:bowrofl: no God gave you all the gifts killer

first off i think ND is gonna win better coaching, better QB. the psu defense isn’t aggressive enough, give ND time to develop a play and it’s over.

it’s just funny that you can’t have a discussion… you only have arguments and that’s funny so i make fun of it. :1320:

argument, debate, disscussion all the same thing. you can’t judge tone over the computer. you obviously think i’m yelling but i’m not. i’m marking the argument as to why i think ND will win.

you’re all pissed off and beating the shit out of the keyboard and you know it. :smiley:

:bigok:

Because i F’n said so… and go OSU

use emoticons :kekegay:

i think psu is going to win, because they are going to put pressure on quinn, make him make quick decisions. Penn State is a passing team, not being able to run against akron was not a big deal. Once people see they can pass the running game will come. Penn State had the 4th best defense in the nation last year, they are no slouches.

Come on Cutty. I mean, for Christ’s sake. HB was there last year and they ran all the fuck over us. There is no reason to get all geeked about giving Virginia an ass-whoopin’.

Yeah, sure, Campbell and Session and Blades are crazy fast. Sure, the D-Line looked alot better last weak. But WVU is number 5 in the nation, have pretty much everyone back, and a number of their starters were huge Pitt fans that our previous coaching staff chose to ignore (Mozes, Rivers, the one dude from U-Town, I think his name is Eric Wicks). Steve Slaton is a stud and will run on Pitt. It’s not if we’re going to be able to stop him, but can we contain him enough to win?

PSU is overrated I think because they lost alot of kids, and I don’t think Morelli is going to be that great. But it’s hard to knock WVU. I bet they beat Eastern Washington by 60.

I love being a Pitt fan, but some Pitt fans are so fucking anal about everyone else they forget to just root for their own god damn team. Who gives a fuck about PSU, we don’t play those assholes anymore because Paterno wants to play 2 games at Happy Valley for every one at Heinz. Long/Pederson told him to go fuck himself, and rightfully so. WVU is our biggest rival now, bar none.

just as these PSU fucks think they can beat Notre dame i think pitt can’t beat WVU…its a long season. anything can happen. Just ask michael bush. say steve slaton breaks his leg and pat white tears a ligament. its a whole different game. WVU wasn’t shuttin teams down they were just outscoring them. If it snows in novemeber and ESPECIALLY at heinz field wonderful turf, the speed of slaton and white can be greatly neutralized. What would also hurt pitt in that senario because I don’t think larod can be a mudder, they would have to pound the ball with collins. every so often in the backyard brawl one team blows out the other, WVU did it one year with marc bulger at the helm, a few years later kevan barlow had like 4 TD’s the day after thanksgiving, last year WVU did it again. I think they game can be alot closer again this year. weather and which team is healthy is gonna play the biggest factor. lets not forget how wvu came up here and upset pitt when they had a good squad in 03.

It’s way too early in the season to have much of a read on any team. Hell last year at this time Pitt had a “heisman candidate” at quarterback in Palko and a “great” wide receiver in Lee, neither of which did much of anything worth noting for the rest of the year.

Notre Dame has a decent team this year as they have damn near everyone returning from last year. Last year’s team was known to have a rather weak defense and a high scoring offense. ND also played a number of games against teams with really good offenses and marginal defenses such as USC. When they played OSU however, well they got beat down.

PSU last year had the new recruits show up just in time to have a semi-veteran quarterback (lots of on field time with a little at Quarterback) with both O and D lines stocked with experienced players and a wicked defense. (Look back a couple years and the defense has been really good but little offense to help out). This year essentially both lines are totally new as well as all the d-backs. However the linebackers are among the best in college football with quite possibly 2 first rounders starting and the receivers are top notch as well. The first game against Akron was actually a pretty decent showing for the amount of inexperience on the field.

This is basically just a rebuilding year for PSU and a year for ND to potentially really shine. That being said, I think whatever team happens to turn the ball over the least is most likely going to win the game as both teams are going to come out with an all out air assault. Should be a good game either way.