2008 College Football thread

fuck west VAGINA! what my favorite time of the day… 8:47 …13 to 9!

well lets see where can I start?

Hawaii, my favorite team, looks very par to say it nicely. Ill still follow them but I cant say that Im in love with the idea of playing a more under center run oriented offense with the personal we currently have. Hawaii managed to let a few good recruits from their islands slip away even after a great season. Im going to have to say that .500 will be a GREAT season. :slight_smile:

my favorites are going to have to be:

Clemson with that duo in the backfield. they look unstoppable on offense and they always bring a nasty aggressive defense to the table.

PITT has been catching my eye because my best friend does nothing but babble about them the way that I talk about Hawaii. Im looking forward to seeing PITT with a running game, too bad my buddy Tyler didn’t have one a few years back. they could have been something special but hopefully this year we have someone step up and we make a bowl.

Penn State has a tremendous upside, in my opinion, now that anthony morelli is gone. I fucking hated that bum.

Florida is a team that I haven’t much liked specifically Timmy but they are going to be a damn strong team. They have a tremendous amount of team speed and big play ability. Keep your eye on two guys on that defense Spikes and Dunlap

it pains me to say this but Georgia looks like a contender. They do play in the toughest conference in college football so im sure they will be battle tested over and over. im keeping my fingers crossed that this number 1 ranking is all hype from last year! haha

how about georgia tech switching up the offense and going old school with the option. im looking forward to seeing a few of their games and how other big name schools react to it. I know Navy and Air Force run it but when was the last time either of those teams had anyone with talent besides Caleb Campbell

what about good old notre dame and jimmy clausen? surprise turnaround or another embarrassment to college football type season?

ohh yeah lastly, Pat White can suck my penis. That little pecker is as fragile as glass. Im sure that he’ll be lucky to make it to the NFL as a kick returner but even that is slim cause he cant take a hit. Noel Devine is lucky to even play football for WVU because he is a tough guy that wants to start fights with thugs in clubs. You think he would learn after watching Mr. Jones and his ordeal. I mean seriously they have WVU in common. Why is it so hard to learn from other peoples mistakes?

i have a lot of friends that are very close with major players on pitt. if they can keep themselves outta trouble they should have really good year. If stull stayed healthy last year Pitt has 2 more wins. more than 4 losses will be a failure IMO. Pitt’s big game might just be on NOV 1 when they travel to ND. ND was way down last year and they don’t like that in South Bend. ND is never to be taken lightly. Pitt really needs that game.

as far as the team…pitt is fuckin STACKED at reciever… you have TJ porter and turner back as well as kinder back from the knee injury NOT to mention the two incomming freshman shannahan and of course baldwin. Hopefully the surprize of the year will be dorin dickerson at TE. I’m loving the battle at saftey with dicecco and fields. they are both tremendous talents. i’m really hoping cam sadler isnt marcus furman II. Also TJ porter will be able to be in his normal reciever postion when pitt runs the wildcat package becasue of JUCO QB greg cross… this guy is Pat white but he can throw too(and hes not a pussy) Lastly, if shady has another huge year i dont think he can pull a larry fitz and bail because… when larry fitz when to military school he was already graduated from HS… that one year plus 2 at pitt = the 3 he need to be draft eligeable… now shady when he got his ride to miami blew off school…broke his ankle, lost the ride… and had to go do the year at military school to fullfill his high school requirments SOOOO… that year at military school didnt count as one year out, his freshman year at pitt was his first year out. So he will need to atleast play through his JR year at pitt before he goes pro. Thats fantastic new for Pitt in 09 since they will have a team like the Canes at home.

Pat white needs to shut his face. he’s yappin about the baseball team doesnt like blacks… who give a fuck if the baseball team has black players on it. Blacks nation wide are playing less and less baseball. I guess he’s mad the coach doesnt pursue him cause i hear he’s really good(drafted tha last 3 years). well it obvious his primary sport is football and i’m sure the baseball coach doesnt want a part time player and has cause conflicts with the football coach. FUCK Pat white… he can stick his broken thumb up his ass.

Eugene Jarvis will have another garrett wolfe type season and probably lead the nation in rushing and get no heisman love because he plays on a crap team.

i’m rooting for georgia to win the N.C. should pitt or ND not be in contention. i’m sick of UF, LSU, OSU and USC. plus Uga VI died recently so they need some love down there.

GO BLUE!!!

even though we have no quarterback as long as we beat PSU and ND ill be happy… and maybe get luckily and a couple of OSU players will go to jail and we will win that game too…

oh wait its OSU players go to jail when they play in the NFL, my bad

GO BLUE + Rich Rod’s Offense = Fail for the next few years.

speaking of that, why in the world would Tyrell Pryor go to OSU over Michigan? I know that he would have got beat on a good bit but thats part of the game. Im sure that he would have easily been a 4 year starter for Michigan during the rebuilding phase. The only downside is that OSU has bowl potential every year and tradition with Jimmy Tressel while Michigan lost theirs when that group of seniors left along with Lloyd Carr

May be old news but Pitt is in the preseason AP top 25…@ 25…sweet!

they say that jonathan baldwin is catchin everything in practice, even balls that the qb is trying to throw away. By the time its all said and done people might be askin “Larry who?” Also, they said that mick williams has been unblockable, he’s in the backfield so fast it looks like he should be getting the handoffs.

Watch it with the Lary who remark

larry was great but he also only gave Pitt two years… good for him that he got payed but had he played on the 04 team, they may have done a lot better. larry might have been the difference in the 3 regular season losses in 04. 24-17 vs nebraska, 29-17 @ Uconn and 38-31 @ 'Cuse. I can’t forgive him for leaving pitt when the potential to win a national championship and a heisman was on the table.

So do you guys think Pitt should be decent this year? I don’t follow college football too much, but my office is having a tailgate and then the partners bought tickets for everyone to go to the Iowa game in mid September. I am pretty excited because I haven’t been to a college game in a while. I am hoping Pitt is good so that it is atleast a fun game to watch.

That is true…Palko/Fitz would have been sweet…but when you can go 1st round you go…no need to risk an injury when you are a 1st round pick.

well since none of his first round money is comming my way my love of team supercedes my love of player. i totally understand why he left but its dont mean i have to like it. I gained a lot of respect for matt lienart staying to play his senior year. his reasons were on par with my philosophy on the subject.

I can agree with that

realisticly i see pitt goin 9-3. worse than 8-4 would be a failure. thinking a lil more optomistically i can see them goin 12-0 to 10-2. Everyone is looking at the Iowa game as a big game. I think Pitt will have their way with iowa… i see South Florida and west virginia giving pitt the biggest test in conference play. considering they have to play @USF i’m conceeding that could very well be a L… the game i have circled as the make or break the season is November 1st @ Notre Dame. that game is SOOOO big for Pitt. Notre Dame is never an easy game even after their shitty season in 07. south Bend can consume even the best teams. As far as the rest of the big east… Lousiville will be down without a 4 year starter in Brohm, Rutgers dont have ray rice, syracuse will be better than last year but still not what they once were, Cincy isnt as good as people think and they arent a complete team, lastly Uconn is never an easy game and Pitt has yet to win up there but this is the year.

:haha: at the morelli comment…
seriously i just hope they run an offense similar to 2005 with mike robinson… clark is as close to a clone of mike robinsonas you can have, and the recieving core had their best year in 05 when penn state actually spread defenses out. i think if they have the potential to finish around 11-1 with thier only loss coming to the damn buckeyes

i think the biggest thing for pitt, they need to have good play from the o line
if the o line can create enough time to have at least a respectable passing game they will be alright, cause McCoy is a freak of nature… they just need enough of a passing game to keep defenses “honest” and not playing 9 guys in the box

This shold be the “Official Pitt Football Player Nutt Rider Thread”

I hope they do well but 9-3 lol come on.

I think 9-3 is an acceptable hope. My hope last year was 6-6 and they got close. Pitt simply can’t afford to lose a key component or two like they did last year (Stull and Kinder going down, plus losing Pinkston later in the year just really hurt them). Pitt has lost 1 guy that would have played but has great depth behind him in Fulmer at DE. I’m actually pretty upset at the loss of Cam Saddler, that kid is a freak in terms of punt and kickoff returns, he’s the type of player that can change a game.

In terms of Penn State, I’m a big fan of Darryl Clark. I like the way he plays, I think he probably should have been playing in front of Moronelli. Clark gives them a much more dynamic offense. The issue with Penn State is who is going to run the ball? They don’t have much depth in the backfield and if they are hoping one of these freshman like that kid from the catholic school in Youngstown is going to be a McCoy/Moreno type freshman talent, that is a tough thing to bank on. Also, where is Derrick Williams? #1 player in the country should have been doing more than this throughout his career. I’d say he’s been a dissapointment to say the least. It’s bad when a walk-on from the local high school (Jordan Norwood) has a career that is eerily similar to yours.

For West Virginia, this year I think they will be okay, but the future does not look bright. They made an extremely poor decision bringing in the guy with the racist tendencies to be a head coach. I’m not sure how he recruits with that on his record. Can Noel Devine carry the load? He’s 5’6" 180. Sure, he can get around the corner, but he’s nowhere the size of Slaton and if you just force him inside eventually you’re going to break him down. Most of their defense is gone. I wouldn’t be surprised to see WVU have a year this year like Louisville had last year. Then again, I could see them going 10-2 and winning the Big East. It’s kind of a crapshoot with them.

yes 9 -3. i see they could potentialy lose to Iowa, usf, ND or west virginia. if they play strong in any of those games it could be a win. some would put uconn, rutgers and lousiville in there but pitt lost to louisville last year cause shady fumbled on the goaline at the end of the game. lousiville has dropped since petrino left and will continue dropping because they wont get as strong recruits without him. they also gradutated their 4 year starter QB. Rutgers enjoyed a decent few years but again, they beat pitt by the skin of their teeth last year with a phantom offensive pass interference call against pitt on a touchdown. no ray rice this year. Pitt has finally turned the corner with their run defense. Uconn could be a tough game, pitt always seems to struggle up in East Hartford. This Pitt team wont fall in those trap games thou.