Pittspeed Fitness & Nutrition thread update:

I did a few times in this thread and just a couple post up. I even gave a brief description of how it works.

I want to just interject for a quick second.

The thing that this thread does not address is the differing skill level and experience of the people posting in it. A beginner/novice is always going to respond faster and better to basic training principals compared to somebody who has been doing it for years and years. A beginner will always shed body fat and build muscle at the same time. There is not such a need to worry about focusing on one or the other while you are wet behind the ears.

I have been lifting weights, speed training and all of that good stuff for about ten years. I have needed little in the way of advanced techniques to keep growing. Even with all of the experience I have training myself personally or other people, I still barely consider myself anything more than a beginner.

If anyone thinks this thread is really doing anything but scratching the surface of bodybuilding and fitness theories and techniques, you are sorely mistaken.

I am not too sure how to take this? I think this thread is fine. People giving advise from what they have learned and at the same time trying to help motivate people. I have been into fitness since I can remember and I learn new things all the time. I don’t think anyone on here is trying to take the role of the person who knows everything…but we all just like to share what we have learned.

As for the pretty much everyone can burn fat and build muscle at the same time (since everyone in this thread including you are all beginners) I have to disagree with. I think there are a lot of people that can do so when they first start out, but when you have been into this for a while and are pretty lean it becomes a lot harder. At the beginning of spring when I was @ 225 lbs and roughly 17-18% BF I wanted to shed down to 10-12%. My main goal was to merely keep the strength and muscle I gained during the winter. I took a slow cut approach and I pretty much kept even (strength/muscle wise) for the most part and cut down to my gaol of 10-12% BF and 210 lbs. But to actually gain muscle mass and strength while losing fat I did not do at least at a noticeable level. I think it can be done to an extent so I gues I can’t disagree 1–%. If one has a close to perfect diet, good genetics, has a solid HIIT routine, and a solid muscle building routine it can be done with some success…but for most of us “intermediate” people it is a tough task to achieve.

In the end everyone is different and some have an easier time than others with gaining clean weight, losing fat fast, and even doing both at the same time…but the fun of it is learning as much as you can about fitness and at the same time learning what works for you.