Pittspeed Fitness & Nutrition thread update:

what gym do you go to?? if they have 1 day passes ill come workout with you and show you everything i was talking about

Centerice in delmont. I dont know if they have a day pass or not tho. I think they would

Its a 24 hour joint, but the times when someone is there running the place i dont go and lift

I appreciate the offer tho, but i’m gonna continue to try some things and experiment. You cant gain forever and I know at this stage of the game, every little bit is gonna be a hard fought battle considering the food intake i achieve and my very active lifestyle

I like muscle tech as well. I just started using cell tech, and ive been using mass tech and will continue to use that on top of cell so i still get some protein. and i used to use nitro tech…all good products. cell tech is hard for me to drink though for some reason. i take one sip and it makes me want to gag

try watering down a little more. muscletech is good, but their products taste like as

alright i will try that. the loading stage sucks because you have to take it twice a day, and its so hard for me to drink it in the morning for some reason. but its still a great product

don’t load…it has been proven that after 1 week, you have the same amount in your body if you do or don’t load. its a way to get you to buy more, and use more…

good to know. i started loading, got sick a while ago with pneumonia, and just started to lift again. i have only drank it once a day for the past 2 days so i will continue with that…thanks

I am thinking about running some creatine. I have in the past where I used regular mono then last year I ran Ethel-Ester which taste like battery acid. I am debating if I should just pick up some 99.9% pure mono considering it is cheap…$35 for 400 serivngs or if I should try one of the new blends like Cell-Tech, or Size-On. The thing is those are like $40 for like 30-40 servings, which is like $1.00/serving vs $0.09/serving for mono. Just wanted to get some thoughts and see if anyone knows of a creatine blend that is decenlty priced (per serving).

I like this one. Anyone else ever tried it?

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133642

Yeah that is regular mono…cheap and proven. I found this which seems to be the best deal and it is 99.9% pure

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_item_on023.htm

That’s like 8.2 cents a serving, whereas the GNC one is 12.5 cents a serving. Big savings over the long run.

The price is somewhat close…but what I like about the ON is that it is “99.9% pure Creapure™ brand Creatine Monohydrate”…not sure if the GNC brand is.

ethyel ester pills have no flavor…get CE2 its made by mri, they invented the original no2 pills. i use it, and it works great. also, muscletech makes creakic, which is a blend of ethyl esther and monhydrate. also a great product. regular monohydrate creatine has a tendency to hold more water then ethyl types of creatine, so ethyl won’t bloat you as much…

Have you used creakic? i was looking into that a little bit, but i just wanted to start with cell tech first

i am using creakic right now, its amazing. expensive, but it works…

i never responded well to creatine…i’ve taken a magnesium creatine ethyl blend recently and noticed nothing with it. same weight, while strength is only slowly gaining like before

Anyone have any experience with shoulder injury?

It feel like someone is taking a pry bar and is trying to pry my collar bone out of my body by using the shoulder as a leverage point. Does this sound like a separated or separating shoulder?

I can do all types of exercises (raises, presses) for the shoulder without any pain.

If I do a seated row the pain is very intense. I cannot bench press without pain either.

I’ve cut back to mostly pushups and dumbbells for the the chest until I can rehab the shoulder.

rotator cuf, be careful for a while…replace pressing movements with all lateral movements

I think that in the coming weeks I will focus more on the muscles that stabilize the shoulder, shoulder girdle, upper back, traps, etc.

I already feel some improvement since I’ve stopped benching, seated rows, and pull downs.

If I can’t get it to feel as good as new, I might have to go see the doc. The weird thing is that the area around the bone that sticks up on the shoulder is kind of sensitive to the touch on both sides, but it is the left should that gives me the pain.

From what I read Creakic is neither Mono or ethyl ester. It is a formula of creatine that offets the effects of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) which will help your muscles absorb the creatine and help with muscle cell repair. That is what they use for their main selling point. They actually take shots at mono and ethyl products. From what I read it seems to work very well from the reviews I read. I was talking to a buddy and he recommended GNC’s 189 which is very similar to Creakic but the cost per serving is about 1/2 the price.

i used to use to pro performance, it is good stuff, but not that strong. good value for the $