Plane on a conveyor belt (small scale) JUST TOOK OFF !!!!!!

Whats your point? I’m better looking than you and Zwarbyte and not fat either.
So post away if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Wow you found pics

where did I imply that I was talking about something else? Because I took a jab at the kit that used to be on the car?

You’re problems go alot farther than the plane/conveyor discussion. MAYBE just maybe that’s why there are so many people on this forum that talk shit about you.

USE YOUR COMMON SENSE

better looking than me? sure, to guido long island club boiz

I’m sure that all of us wish we were cool enough to be pulling a 19 year old college freshman at age 25 :lol::lol:
:lol:

When you set your treadmill to 10 MPH, do you say “I’m not going anywhere?” or do you say “I’m running 10 MPH”

Cause, if you say you’re running 10 MPH then the planes wheels are how you would determine its speed in relation to the treadmill.

Sure, a plane CAN and will take off of a treadmill. But, what relation are you using to determine its speed. The wheels in relation to the treadmill, or the speed at which it moves through the air?

If in relation to the treadmill, the answer is NO. The plane will sit still, and it will take very little energy from the plane to stay at that speed. It has nothing to do with propulsion but rather keeping the wheels rolling along the treadmill at the same speed.

If in relation to the air, then yes… the plane will do just as you’d predict. Take off normally, with the wheels spinning twice as fast.

Sorry to make your head hurt.

You said it, so I bet you are jealous.

BTW: That 19 year old is worth $250k.

I would never be so dumb as to say that I am running at 8MPH.

If you put your FWD meat rocket in a snowbank and get stuck, then floor it. Your speedo would read 88 mph, does that mean you are going back in time when the lightning hits?

I can’t believe that after all of this, there is an even newer, stupider argument as to why it wouldn’t take off…

Sure as shit am!

baby boy, you can’t just whip out your e-dick to start swinging, we gotta compare sizes first

and for the record, i though jrod and jespo were the same retards, i just saw the pics and realized they werent

either way, just fucking admit your grasp of physics was teh loose and you fucked up…

you too clean, although at least you can at least argue a point, no matter how invalid it is

retard over here just tries to divert the attention to the fat man and the kid with a cavalier that still outsmarted him

Your analogy doesnt match up with the treadmill.

The speedometer only tells you how fast your wheels are spinning, but they arent spinning against anything but air being stuck in a snow bank…

On a treadmill, the ground:wheels are moving at a certain speed. They are touching and working together at the same speeds.

You are interpreting it differently. This is what I was trying to say in the beginning!

Depending on the way the question is worded, and how someone determines speed on a treadmill, THAT is how the question can be answered both Yes and No.

You just proved my point exactly.

I answer both Yes and No. Yes a plane CAN take off of a treadmill. If you count the speed of the plane in relation to its actual forward movement.

No, it wont take off if the speeds are equal. And by equal, I am using the wheels attached to the plane in relation to the surface of the treadmill.

Its all relative. Yes / No crew.

No dip shit. Its exactly the same fucking thing. Take your wiener mo-bile and put the front tires up on the tread mill. Push the gas… accelerate the treadmill accordingly. You’ll be spinning along at a speedo- and treadmill-indicate 2,000mph. Now go out in the parking lot, and do it on some ice. Same shit.

IN BOTH INSTANCES, YOU ARE NOT MOVING. YOUR CAR IS GOING ZERO MILES AN HOUR. I DON’T GIVE A SHITFUCK WHAT SETTING YOU PUT THE TREADMILL ON, YOU CAN SET IT ON PURPLE FOR ALL I FUCKING CARE, THE CAR IS-NOT-MOVING, YOU ARE GOING ZERO MILES AN HOUR. YOUR ANALOGY IS R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D.

If the plane is “moving forward at 2MPH” it is FUCKING MOVING FORWARD. God you morons are horrid.

If this keeps up I think an 8 foot tall :picard: is in order.

zwarbyt- At least I can see my E-DICK

Baldy, I’ve got a real brain buster for ya…

Q: If Jim is at the gym running on a treadmill at 8mph for 1 hour… why can’t Jim reach the wall that’s only 20ft in front of him?

such a stupid agrument.

jesus chirst shit brick is that all you got?

OK fine

I’m fat, and your a retarded guido wanna be who sucks at physics and admitting his faults

we are all clear now :bloated:

I agree with both views. The plane can and will take off if you put it on a treadmill. Friction of the wheels has no relevance if you turn the throttle up and get thrust pushing the plane through the air, rolling along the ground.

However, if the question is Equal speeds on a treadmill… you have to match the speed with very little throttle in the plane, so that the wheels are spinning at the same speed as the treadmill. This will take very very little energy from the plane, as wheels are free spinning and will require very little continual force to keep them spinning with the treadmill. The plane will appear stationary in relation to the air, and will not take off.

Perception > half the world. This is also why people disagree with everyone, because half of the people see the perceptual speed of the plane from two different views.

Because he is running at 8 MPH in relation to the treadmill surface, not in relation to the room or the air around him.

EXACTLY MY POINT. Perception is the key to the question.

According to Jim, he will say “I’m running 8 MPH” because his view point is between his body and the treadmill surface.

Where as your view is that of Jim and the air in front of him and the room around him.

You can still say “Jim is running 8 MPH on the treadmill”
You cannot say “Jim is running 8 MPH across the room”

Get it?

No one is not “getting it” except you.

I get it, but a plane NEVER bases its speed on the wheels, it’s ALWAYS the plane’s posistion relative to earth. When a plane is in the air…it’s wheels are going 0mph based on rotation, but 80mph (or whatever) in reference to the earth.

since this is still a plane we are talking about in the experiment, this is the method for determining its speed.

all this e-dick talk and i think all of you have e-clits. are you guys 12 or something? grow the fuck up and stop making fun of each other.

Well, when the plane is in the air, it is determined by its air speed. But, it is no longer in relation to the ground at all, so that works. 0 MPH wheels mean nothing anymore, its already taken off.

On the ground though, any other object is determined by its speed in relation to the ground. So, while a plane is on the ground shouldnt its speed be determined by the speed of its contact with the ground below it? And then when it takes off, the speed most certainly has to be determined by the speed at which it moves through the air. I see where you are coming up with your reasoning as well. I am not arguing. You bring up a very interesting point on how speed is determined for an aircraft.

So if you are judging the speed of the plane as you would while it is in the air, then YES. I understand your perception.

A lot of others will determine the speed of the plane based on if it was any other object on a treadmill. It is judged by the contact between the object and the treadmill surface. It is still grounded, so should be treated as such.

I agree with you. I can see it both ways. Hence I am in the Yes/No Crew.

I am not arguing with anyones perception. I was just bringing a valid argument to the table. The perception is the most valid argument, and probably the one that gets people pissed off. Someone sees it one way, the other person sees it another… they argue over the physics based on how they see it, and someone ends up with a knife in their liver.