Have you asked anyone the plane/conveyor question

I have, and it’s amazing how fast this topic gets people upset haha. It still boggles my mind as to how people think it won’t take off.

My roommates are now arguing about this.

It just came up on another forum i’m on and people are being retarded there.

I swear if my g/f would have said it wouldn’t take off, I would have dumped her.

It wouldn’t take off. The plane would not be able to make forward momentum to create lift.
DUH.

Even though the wheels aren’t driven they still need to be moving forward to allow the plane to move forward…unless the plane could hover

omg tyler. please don’t start this discussion haha. i’m not trying to discuss whether or not it will take off. just if people have talked about it outside of the world that is NYSpeed.

well your the one who is boggling everyones minds, bc there is no way it can take off without air passing under and over the wings to lift the plain… now if it was in a wind tunnel then yes it would.

According to leaked sources the plane does take off :slight_smile:

the treadmill will implode.

+1

So, the plane would lift off the treadmill doing 0 mph then accelerate?

the conveyor would be disallowed on airport grounds by the TSA because if the plane on the conveyor never took off it would be impossible for terrorists to hijack thus rendering the loser TSA agents [more of] a complete waste of time and money

OMG of course the conveyor will take off!!!

![C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\Mind-bottling—250xp.gif](C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\Mind-bottling—250xp.gif)

Although this is OT, please do not start the argument this thread. There are already a number of other threads that you can post your opinions/thoughts/reasons in:

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39105&highlight=plane+treadmill
http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8684&highlight=plane+treadmill

Feel free to answer the original question though: Have you asked anyone else this question?

I posed the question to my father and was a little disappointed with his answer.

ive asked at work, it started a huge debacle, think it comes down to me, audios and older-then-dirt-don think it will take off … everyone else says no

what about a plane that can take off/land in water?! would it be able to take off going against the current of a river??!!?

lol.

people, stop discussing the actual problem haha.

it’s funny how you just lose a certain amount of respect for people when they don’t think it will take off. lol

the water moving below the plane has waves
the waves create wind
the wind allows for lift off

im going to bring it up at at work tomorrow, im sure itll spark up a good discussion, that could possibly result in a meeting.

lol im aware of the result.

and it would be in a river, no waves

even small ripples have that effect :slight_smile:

ever notice at the beach that bigger waves create stronger wind ? lol

I tried it with a coworker (engineer) whom I thought was reasonably intelligent. I was wrong.