Police Checkpoint: 5/29

Ha ha, yeah until you get tazered, pepper sprayed, and shot with non-lethal projectiles. That is also part of their training.

And if your serious about taking it, all you have to do is take an exam for any of the local police dept or sheriffs and score well enough to get accepted.

Oh and pass the psychological, physical fitness, and polygraph tests too.

Ha, I’m going to do it.

Being a traffic cop would be fun! Hiding behind trees and shooting people with laser.
Because we all know thats all cops do around here. Atleast the staties. Unless bucky is on the run.

I can’t even sit in a car without immediately putting on my seatbelt. Who really doesn’t wear one? I’m uncomfortable without one.

Don’t waste your time. Without ever meeting you, the posts on here are enough to show that you would never be accepted for an academy lol.

Why? I would pass the physical section NO problem. I’m pretty damn smart when it comes to scholastics…and I have NO record of any criminal activities.
OHH BOYEEEE I hope they don’t check my posts on Nyspeed. :mamoru:

+345t4343245r54
I find myself putting my seatbelt on sometimes when I’m driving to my garage.(50 yards away across a basically empty parking lot)

the only thing they get shot with is the pepper spray…they dont get taser’d or shot with non-lethal projectiles…my friend is an amherst cop and said he just had to get the pepper spray treatment…ive NEVER heard of any police agency using the tasers or riot bullets on academy trainees :gotme:

I THINK they have to be tazered in order to be armed with a tazer, just so they know what it feels like and don’t kill the person.

and, IN BEFORE the jackass who says “well, i don’t see them getting shot with a 9mm to see what it feels like”

on most police forces the leutenant (sp?) or higher ranking officer is the only one with a taser…i know in the T.O.T and in amherst there are 2 officers with the tasers…most street cops (the ones that pull us over all the time) only carry their baton, pepper spray and of course their pistol…i had a few criminal justice teachers (all of them were active police officers) tell me thats usually how the taser thing works…one or two higher ranking officers get to carry them at all times…im sure in larger cities where crime is higher than buffalo (NYC, Detroit, LA etc) most of the street cops would have tasers bc pepper spray isnt gonna cut it on some huge ass dude thats a crack head and doesnt feel pain lol

You got it. Same thing with the OC spray. I should upload some of the pics I took the night after I got hit with the OC spray. Eyes were straight fucked up for about 2 weeks. As for how the spray feels for anyone who asks. I’ve broken bones, dislocated joints, etc…And that fucking spray is still the worst feeling out of all that shit. The plus side is, it’s only bad for about an hour or so.

Back on topic: Seatbelt motion is so automatic, I’ll accidently put it on moving my car from my garage to my driveway when going to wash the damn thing.

You have to put in every incident where you were involved with law enforcement, even if they just want to “talk” or give you a parking ticket. That has to be what, 15 times for you?

Things must of changed then.

One of my best friends is in the academy at this very second. He’s actually on this site from time to time, but I’m not saying any usernames.

He and the rest of his classmates all had to get OC sprayed on Wednesday and you have to hold your eyes open while they do it.

You can volunteer to be tazed. He did because he’s a glutton for punishment. And the non-lethal projectile exercise was done a couple weeks ago as well. Every recruit takes part in that.

Me too. I cannot drive my car without it. I feel so naked and like I am sliding all over the place.

I’ve talked to a LEO probably over 100 times… they better have a big writing space then.

lol i cant imagine how bad getting taser’d would suck! apparently theres a taser powerful enough that when it hits you for ~10 seconds you not only fall over and convulse but you piss and shit your pants! THATS FUCKING BALLER!