Poll: Cheap drift car

I was kind of kidding… Did you not read the part where I said buy a cheap truck? Easy boy settle down!

Ill agree witone guy… buy aFC little to no rust… or get a GTS-T RB power!!!

fc’s have ugly ass interiors. and motors are a bitch to get running right. And rotory engines just aren’t all that reliable, unless not modded at all, and no boost.

240 is the best car.

skylines are heavier cars, but sicker in all other ways. If you can afford insurance then it would be a better choice then a 240.

An ae86 just isn’t cheap. nuff said.

1980 malibu sedan

180s are pretty pricey dude, for some odd reason moreso than an R32 GTS-T in most cases. 240, hands down the best bang for the buck for a drift car, plentiful parts and they’re not as ancient than an AE86 and you can still find good examples of them body and structural wise!

Yeah, i was thinking if it came down to 240, RB20 swap…If i were going for big power it would be RB25 hands down but i just want a cost efficient car to play with at the track. It’s only been 3 months since i had mine off the road and i miss it more than i thought i would even with a new WRX in my possession…RWD is the most fun fo shizzle

WRX’s only have about 2,000Lb towing capacity…a pull out of a ditch is one thing, hours of towing is another. Car wouldn’t stand up to it long term.

those 4 people who choose ae86… man you are a rich man.

s13…

Depends on location and model. There’s a guy selling two SRS’ for 1K. It’s never as cheap as it should be.
-Coils
-sways
-inner and outter tie rods
-LSD
-TC rods
-racing rad
-upgraged t-stat
-bucket seat, racing wheel with detachable hub
-4 point harness
-cage
-water and oil temp, oil pressure gauges
-decent rims and tires

I would say that stuff is minimal for a serious track only drift car. When you start stacking on power mods it adds up really quick like any car. They’re never ending pit. Toss a jar of change down the pit and you won’t hear shit.

so there is someone selling a 2 corolla for 1000 bucks? with all that mods?

Depending on your definition of budget and how serious you are about drifting since this will be recreational…

You wont need the sways, tie rods (unless you plan to do off roading), tc rods, rad, thermostat, racing wheel/QR, or decent rims.

If you’re running stock SR, just run a regular SR rad and dont delete the fan shroud (I dont know why everyone does it). Run some stock wheels with 595s and you’re good to go.

And Jeff doesnt have an sti, so he wont be towing any 18 wheelers… or 240s, not that an sti could do that anyways. Wrx gearboxes will break if you dump the clutch in snow… (well… maybe not in snow… but in rain for sure!)

lol

There’s nobway in he’ll it would fly, it just reminded me of that video.

Sure a dude can be frugal, but at least ditch the stock wheel, it will make life easier. T-stats are cheap, and a little better cooling you can’t go wrong right?

I don’t have a clutch fan because it just wouldn’t fly. So far with an R33 rad and flex-a"ite dual fans everything has been good late into the night. Maybe guys don’t have their Fans set to come on early enough?

I’d say if a dude is gonna drop the cashola, cooling is a nice place to drop it. I remember the Signal cars overheating with balling v-mounts. Banging on boast, I can feel the heat when my turbo is being loved. Water and oil are just two things I’d wanna keep in check as much as possible to help avoid ahit.

You won’t get any car for near 1K with all that. I would buy those AE86’s if I had the space. 240 rolling chasis’ go for the same price and 4AGZE’s aren’t complicated swaps. Still a fair priced option.

GTS-T like Izumida’s old one=sex. I remember hearing the growl from that car and shitting my pants. That and RB’s are just addictively fun. RB ruined my life. I can’t recommend it for any cheap car. It won’t stay cheap after you let loose.

You dont run a KA or an SR right? Everything i was mentioning was on the assumption he’d be sticking with an SR20 or KA. And I know for a fact that stock fan shroud with the proper matched OEM rads (no auto-kA rads on srs) will take drift abuse just fine.

No such thing as a “cheap” drift car.

Your better off day dreaming. Just practise sliding/driving your current hatch. The better you become, the less damage will be inflicted. It’s a hard decission, especially if you love the clean-ness of your ride, but meh, go big or go home. Garage queens are lame.

There is also no point in having multiple cars for multiple lifestyles. Sooner or later, it will catch up and bite you in the ass. I bet even millionaires have this issue

“Should I drive the Murcielago, R8, Noble, or maybe the F50GT today? Fuuuuuuckkk!!”

nah there should be 2 choices in life.
Rwd? or Awd…

Can pick up 180’s for under 5g, or 240.

Disagree. Cheap is a relative term. I own a cheap drift car.

^ +1, had to disagree to most of the points by hacknik as well, there is obviously a such thing as a cheap drift car…or pretty much “the best bang for your buck car” for drifting.