Project Quest...4/26

lol. joke much?

sweet build man! GLWthe OG DSM

If what he says about his setup running 12’s then yes it should be a good race.

All timed.ARP head studs were used.I also got a new oil pump and timing componentsI also have an adjustable cam gear instead of the stock one.

Here is my custom Teflon dual crank scraper.They sent me out a template to see how much my crank was knifeedged.They already had a G54B block temp.The first one they sent out wouldnt work because my oil pickup tube hit this.I guess i should have checked that BEFORE i spent 5 hours grinding it down to fit properly( I just followed directions:gotme:).Apparently the block they got the temp from had a different spot where the pickup tube was.So i had him make me a new one.
Heres the old one and i circled the problem.

I get my new temp and it took probably 6 hours of total time to have it all finished.You can see that he changed it a little bit so my pickup tube would have no interference

nice engine bay looks hott as hell!!!

Here it is with the 20g on it.Its for sale with 0 miles on it if anyone is interested.

This just came in today:)
!http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/angryhero46/img_1321.jpg

looking good!

Oooooo!!! That’ll complement the engine very well.

I FINALLY got the header that i needed to get any further.I wanted to make sure i could use the stock oil return instead of taping the pan.It looks like ill end up using stock return at the top of the timing cover. A guy on the Starquest boards makes them in his garage in his spare time so iv been waiting 2-3 months.Much better then stock.equal length SS tubing.Bung welded in for my EGT gauge.

I can’t wait to see this thing done.

Then i ran into a little issue.The space between the header and turbo are a little to close in my eyes.What do you guys think of it? It has a space of about 1/16".I could always put another 1/2"flange on there.

The pic below is with the housing touching the header.Notice the angle.

This pic below is where the housing should be about facing.

Thoughts on spacing? Should i get another flange to space it 1/2"? Or is it good where it is?

i dont know shit about turbos, but if it was me, id space it a little bit and maybe heat wrap the turbo. it’s my understanding that you want to keep that part of the turbo cool, so i would think the header would heat it up pretty good. but again, i dont know anything about turbos so im probably wrong.

Technically it shouldn’t touch because there both solidly mounted to each other. I’d defiantly put some heat tape or something on the turbo cold side though.

do you have a gasket for the flange? the metal gasket for in there is pretty chunky. It shouldn’t move but you never know. Could even make a small spacer if necessary something about 1/8". How close is this going to be to the hood? i know what kind of space you’re working with there.

Had to get a new pilot bearing for it, that held off putting the motor in but its all good now.

The motor went in pretty well.Apparently everyone has a load leveler except me so i just used a piece of 8awg wire i had laying around.Didnt take that long to wiggle this bad boy in with some help.

Redconquest(justin) finishing up the motor mounts

very nice :tup: i think your being a lil bit modest by saying you want to run 12’s LOL

OMG I SEE DAN LYNCH

PS: good project

omg i wish i had that much room in my bimmer. I also cant believe you had to wait 2-3months for such a simple manifold. you shoulda just made one yourself and saved yourself the time/money.

other then that, everything is looking good.

cool project keep up the good work :tup:

Thats a very clean engine bay! Looking good!

:snky::snky:

Theres not alot of room for the downpipe and such.It was easier this way and i dont have a welder ectect.

I do have to make my own downpipe.Hopefully thats next.