89 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo. A shit ton of pics.

This is all copy pasted from old posts on other forums. So some words might now make sense.

I have a rare 1989 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo. Last year I had a shit ton of problems with it and decided I had enough and pulled the motor. This was before winter, so Fall 07’. It has been sitting in my backyard under a cover since them and have only recently pulled it out.

My plan was to do a simple set up and only do about 400-450 wheel horsepower. I hope to achieve this by the end of July. Driving it on my birthday would be great, but who knows.

As of now I have a few things to do:

1. Weld split in lower radiator support.
  2. Paint engine bay. I shall paint it Gold.
  3. Paint new motor. I am painting it in pastel colors. So, Mary Kay pink, Mint green, Robin’s Egg blue and Banana yellow. All to keep up with the 80’s.
  4. Drop in motor.
  5. Redesign exhaust system. Including new o2 housing and external wastegate dump.
  6. Weld a set of intercooler pipes.
  7. Go over entire wiring in the dash and engine.
  8. Get it to pass emissions. God help me.

I have picked up a new motor for the car. I got a great deal on it from someone who needed the cash. It has 4,000 miles on it and the specs are as follows:

2.0ltr 4G63T
8.5:1 compression
bored .20
Manley Pistons(forged)
Scat Rods(forged)
ARP all around
Magnafluxed
Clevite bearings
Line honed
block was decked
3 layer metal HG
crank balanced
1G head untouched
1G intake untouched

I picked it up for $1,060 plus I got a boost controller, extrnal oil cooler, throttle body and some other random bits.

Now for some current pics:

My (parents) Garage:

Several shelves of parts and spare engines/transmissions:

New engine on the stand:

Starded to degrease and strip old dark green paint:

I did a shitty taping job. All bask in the shitty glory. Prob primer tomorrow. Then paint!

Image dump from today. Just did some stripping on the otherside of the block. I have to finish it up tomorrow.

Picture dump from today. I primered. That is all.

Oh and fucking the paint I was going to paint the block is all fucked up. It won’t spray. So I don’t know if I can paint it tomorrow. Unless I some how find some place local that carries the color I want. Who knows. Penis.

No your eyes do not decieve you. This is the color combination. I wanted to also add mint green and banana yellow into the combo, but I could not find it in engine enamel. So it is what it is. The lettering on the valve cover will be pink. Also the intake manifold needs to be primered and painted baby blue. And I am doing the fuel rail pink also.

Now for pics:

You got so many fuckin pics that some of them are not even rendering on my screen, and thats pathetic, on my part

+1

but it looks badass from what has loaded

iMac FTW ;D I’ve got all the pics. Not a fan of a color scheme, but you’ve got a great little project car there :nod

yep, this guy is actually from my gaming forum, i told him to come to shift since he had a build thread over there… so maybe this is one the few members we got that are out of state?

pathetic . hes just as bad as me. Ive got around 400 pics of different stuff ive done to my car.

Same thing as the Dodge colt? Guy down the road right now owns a 90 or 91? dodge colt with the 4g63t in it. its all stock down to the orig 99K it has.

Nice to see someone not going for the average route (honda) lol … GL!

How much does it weigh, HP numbers once everythings together? and what are you going to be using this for…DD autox weekend bitch?

Weight is about 2400 wet I think. Car is mainly going to be built for highway. After the motor is sorted, I’m going to be redoing the body/aerodynamics. Full undertray diffuser from the front lip to rear bumper.

Horsepower. Right now on the Garrett TA34, I am looking at 400-450, depending on how much boost I run. 19 vs. 24psi. Then once the motor is broken in, I’m thinking of a GT42R set up, or maybe something smaller, like a GT4067. I think 700 wheel is the limit I could do on front wheel drive.

Thanks for the nice comments.

42R :ohnoes

but too much FWD HP = :nuts

Awesome car… I assume this is almost the same thing as the Colt turbo?

Yeah, same thing. But I couldn’t bring myself to drive a rebadged car. So I had to get the Mitsu version.

Not to some members on here ;D

LOL “rebaged car”

anyways

lets get to page 2 so he can post the rest of the pics !

Hey get on AIM kid

I need page two. Aparently my awesomeness is too much for this site. HA.

dats what i’m talking about!!! wooohooo

wheres adam HAHAHA

page 2 page 2 page 2 here we come

P2.

pag3 duez

cmon PG2

25 posts per page…few more