Quick question v. first speeding ticket

True.

Failure to obey IS a moving violation and is 2 points.

Basically it is all a crap shoot. They are there to make money, and do it fast and efficient. They really dont give a shit about your license or your insurance, they want your $$. I got off on a speeding ticket 87 in a 65 on the thruway and the trooper didn’t show up at Rotterdam, I walked up when the judge called me and he said I was dismissed, along with about 10 other people prior to my name being called. Other times, and there were many, I never saw or talked to a cop, so I assume the ada either stood in his place or already talked to him… who knows. doesn’t really matter the point is the ADA talks to the judge, well actually just hands him a piece of paper with the information.

I also got off on a speeding 45-30 ticket in Scotia because I asked for a supporting dep. Never got it. Went to court talked to the ada, who was a dick and said they wont reduce it to a zero point parking ticket and was real snappy with me. I just smiled and said thats fine I will take care of it myself then. walked up when the judge called me and he asked “do you agree with the plea bargain of failure to obey a traffic device?” I said NO. the ADA looked at me like WTF is he doing. I said if you look on my ticket you will see I asked for a supporting dep be sent to me, I have not received it. The judge looked at the ticket i sent him, looked in his books and saw that the cop didn’t fill it out. He said you are dismissed. didn’t pay shit. The face on the ADA was priceless. haha

I also used the supporting dep thing to get out of a seat belt ticket.

It doesn’t matter if you piss off the cop or not, his job is his job. paper work is paper work, and in reality it only takes 2-3 minutes to do it. The ADA make the decisions and the judge listens to them and makes the final decision.

Also they dont even look at your DMV record, 9 times out of 10. They generally look on their records for that court and see how many times you were there. If your a repeat offender, like I am with amsterdam town or city, the odds are against you. Even though I know the judge personally and the ADA personally, I cant win them all. infact thats where the only 2 points I have came from.

its all a crap shoot.

Fit in like the rest of the people they shuffle out the doors: Plea not guilty, dont ask for the supporting dep talk to the ada and tell them it is your first ticket and be nice. they will more than likely reduce it to a parking ticket.

Or know the minor details and play your cards. what ever works for you.