First Speeding Ticket Woes...

just curious how this whole plea of guilty vs not guilty thing works with a speeding ticket…

i actually read all the fine print on the ticket, and it says i can plea obviously guilty or not guilty…but in the not guilty section it says you only qualify to plea not guilty if on the scene a supporting deposition wasn’t given to you. Well, i did get one…does this mean i can’t plea not guilty? am i forced to plea guilty now?

and the trooper was a dick…he asked me to explain myself, and i proceeded to honestly tell him that a guy was right on my ass…that that i was being tailed very close by a car that was swerving in and out of traffic for a while, and i honestly wanted to just get out of his lane, into the right lane, and off at my exit which was next…sure enough, the only quote from me that the dick put on the suppoting deposition is me saying “i had some guy right on my ass.”

Just send it in as not guilty.

You won’t have to argue it, and if you do its just with the DA in his office who already made up his mind about your charge.

Never, ever plead guilty. Ever.

And no offense. That is not an excuse, and to be honest the most used/tried/BS’ed one out there. Even if it is true.

You’ll get a parking ticket most likely.

that’s what i figured…i dont know what kinda background checks they do before court or whatever, but i have a perfect record…so if they see that, hopefully it’ll play a role…if only a small one…

and i know not to ever plea guilty, but i’ve never seen it tell me that i can ONLY plea not guilty if not given a supporting deposition…

i knew it was a bad reason, but i didn’t have a reason to lie, nor did i think i had to think of something better…

never hurts to go in with your driving abstract from the DMV. show them you have a current perfect record. i did this once and i have done it ever since. make my life and theirs much easier.

just go to the DMV and request what? my history/record? is it called a “driving abstract”?

go to court, plea not guilty, itll get reduced to a parking ticket and school

when is school offered generally? if i plea not guilty december 19th, the next court date prob wont be til mid january…meaning i’d have to be going to the driving school around when next semester starts…

and is driving school free or not?

school was 25 bux last i took it

andy where did u get the ticket and how much over were u

73 in a 55 is what is says in the supporting deposition…on the 90, right by walden…

What a coincidence, that’s exactly what I’m doing after work tomorrow. It’s been almost a year since I was last in Tonawanda town court. I was starting to miss the DA.

I got caught with 87 in 55 on the 290 after that 1 bridge he was hiding behind last January…

Got the ticket, plead not guilty obv. went to court DA cut me a deal for 59 in 55 with a parking ticket and School which was $25

Fine was a hefty $300 but it helped…Trooper said I couldnt get away with it if I pleaded not guilty, guess he was wrong :hitit:

wow my girl friend got a 74 in a 55 in the same spot tonight. prob the same cop, no fun at all. right before xmas to it sucks ass she has no money for this shit. but she was speeding so her own fault.

:word: best advise you can have right there.
It will get knocked down, and you do not have to wait for 12-19 to plea Not guilty, you can go down to the court house any day and make you plea by the 19th. Looks like you got it in cheektowaga so good luck (you will need it depending on the judge you get) but go down there any time before the 19th to make your plea of NOT GUILTY and they will give you a court date.

oh man ur lucky andy lol, u just made the cut… usually when it gets 20 over ur fcked… ull be fine though, it will get reduced with no points and school. it will just be a big waste of time for u now

Or just mail it in with not guilty selected and wait for them to mail you a letter with your court date. Then you only have to go once, not twice.

if this is your first offense, then just as stated above itll get knocked down to usually an 1110a. 1110a is still points but less fine & less points. Good luck with it!

you probably won’t get any points…plea not guilty for sure, once you are in court they will have you talk to the DA. just explain what happened. he will talk to the judge before you do…when you go see the judge…the judge will most likely tell you you have a parking ticket and charge you like 100-200 bucks and maybe send you to school if he is grumpy lol.

^^ ive never seen a speeding dropped to a parking ticket… but i guess maybe buffalo is different lol.

^usually if dont get a speeding ticket in the city of buffalo ull be fine, city dont reduce for shit and ur fucked… lil over a yr ago i got 72 in a 55 in WS. ticket was reduced to was parking ticket with no points and had to go to school