speeding ticket

I screwed up and was going 18 over in a school zone. How big of a fine am I looking at? Will I get any points on my lisence?

Plenty of great info. Way to go.

you joined this forum and your first post is asking about a speeding ticket?

some details like:

how fast you were going
what was the speed limit
what town was it in
how many speeding tickets have you had before
have you been to driving school in the last 18 months

those would all be helpful things to include

Big. Yes.
EDIT: License.

It was in Amherst and I was going 53 in a 35. It’s my first ticket and i went to an insurance/point reducing class last year. Same thing?

Also should I just say guilty and pay up or can I get it reduced at all?

Hey guys, cut him some slack. At least he said “I screwed up” and not “Fukin douche cop gave me a ticket” like everyone else usually does.

i wouldnt plea guilty…

ur fucked, turn ur license in and dont ever drive again

Just plead not guilty it will get reduced to A parking ticket or two.

+1

In Amherst you hafta pay fines day of, so bring loot.

And expect to be there all day…

Thanks for the advice. im going to go cut it up now

Plead not guilty…

School zone is bad. You will be lucky to walk out of the court room with a license still.

So send it in as not guilty and get a court date? thanks for the help guys

^ go to court now, or send in the ticket and go later. it’s up to you.

Let me guess, Maple Rd between Hopkins and Youngs? The cops have been in there pretty steady since school started back up.

Amherst is pretty easy on speeding tickets, even bad ones in school zones. Hopefully it wasn’t a time of day when buses were loading/unloading because that will make the DA feel a bit better about reducing. Go in, explain you know it was wrong to the DA, and that had you seen any school buses you certainly would have realized to slow down. They’ll knock it down to a couple high dollar parking tickets.

close…north forest and hopkins. about how much $ do you think im looking at… $500?

I’d probably say anywhere from 280-600 but that’s the right ballpark for sure.

Just be honest and don’t try to bullshit anyone. Dress nice the day of.