Speeding ticket

I just got my first speeding ticket 75 in a 55 on the 290.Right by Millersport. I know I plead not guilty, and wait for a court date. Should I get a lawyer? What am I looking at total cost wise and how many points on my license. I need a better radar detector (or maybe I shouldn’t speed haha).

thanks

Go to court. Don’t bring a lawyer. Don’t plead not guilty.

What you will do is walk in, go through security, put your name on a list, get called in to speak to the DA, he will say you get X number of parking tickets and you may or may not get school, sign here, go to the court room. You sit, wait for the judge to call your name, he says “you have been offered blah blah blah, do you accept?” You say yes, you go pay money. There will be 1239087802345978 other people there doing the same thing. What you’re doing is technically plea bargaining. No points. Around $200 when all is said and done.

he has to plead not guilty initially in amherst to get a court date.

Oh really? My bad. I stand corrected.

I know from experience, DUDE, if ya know what i mean. /chrisfarley

lol “Not me personally, but a guy I know.”

How old are you? one of the shittiest places to get a ticket? you will have to respond by entering a plea of not guilty. you will then be given a court date. you will talk to the town prosecutor and based on your speed i would say you are getting a 150 to 200 dollar fine. however you are also getting a minimum of 2 points regaurdless if you goto school or not. also for amherst SHOW UP WITH THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY WITH YOU. I cannot stress that enough! if amherst does not give you drivng school you have to pay that day. no acceptions. was it a new york state trooper or a amherst police officer. if it was a nys trooper request a supporting deposition. troopers hardly ever show up to court. thats how i got my ticket in niagara falls dismissed today(i was going 80 in a 55). however if he does show up you will be fucked

NYS Troopers give you the support dep with your ticket and have been for some time now.

Speeding tickets suck, but be thankful it was in Amherst. One time fees for parking tickets > being raped by your insurance company for the next 3 years for a 20 over speeding ticket.

And slow down on the 290. 75 in a 55 is going to get you noticed and the state police are out there running radar pretty much every day.

And my money is on 0 points. I’ve been to Amherst traffic court 3 times and I’ve NEVER seen someone get anything but parking tickets or parking tickets + school. Sometimes it’s a whole bunch for a lot of money and you can only imagine what the original offenses were, but Amherst really likes their parking ticket revenue.

i check the box when i went to court(it def was nys trooper he was hiding in the fucking woods)

Check the box all you want but the state doesn’t have to send you anything. That 2 foot long ticket IS the supporting deposition. He still has to show up in court though, just as he would if you didn’t check the box.

Yea, and also unless you are on trial for murder and are going to the chair, never plead guilty. Amherst will ass fuck the shit out of you…

You dont need a lawyer either unless you are like 16 and risk getting your license revoked.

Plead not guilty, go to the court house on your date and talk to the judge or DA yourself and ask for a non-point reduction after tleling them how you were rushing and it was a big mistake and realized it was a stupid idea and how points on your license could risk you losing your job.

Chances are you will get something stupid and because of the shitty court system, Amherst will bypass the state and take the majority of your fine :slight_smile:

ah i c. either way he didnt show up and it was the only way i was getting out of it

Ok, thanks guys. I do have 2 tickets (rolling a stop sign, and failure to use a signal - both at the same time), but they were dropped to parking tickets (but I had to take the safe driving school). That was last year. No points currently.

He gave me a supporting deposition already, it was by a State Trooper. I drive to NU from Williamsville daily, so I rarely speed on the 290, since its loaded with troopers, but I usually see no cops ever on the 190. I was running late for work so I gassed it. I was in a caravan of cars going about 75-80 except I was the last one.

Im hoping just a 150-200 dollar fine and 2 points max, but well see. I just dont want my car insurance to go up.

What town were the other two tickets in?

Clarence.

Never going to get a supra when your blowing all your money on speeding tickets

HAHAHAHA

Now you know, NEVER speed on the 290, NEVER.

But but but…everyone else does.