Ticket question..v.im dumb

So i got a ticket last night of which i know i fucked up and am not complaining because i could of got a few more but only got one

55 in a 40, and i know everyone says to plead not guilty

after i do that what am i to expect in court seeing as this is only my 2nd ticket.

What will my fines be

and what address do i mail the ticket to, the 400 john audubon or 5565 main st.?

1.) plead not guilty
2.) mail it to JJ Audubon if you got it in Amherst
3.) go to court and talk to DA or whatever and he’ll set you up for like a parking ticket
4.) pay ~$100.

5.) if you dont have the cash you can have this process extended over a year before you have to pay

It was in amherst right where sherdian lanes used to be.

and why do they put both the address on there

Well its his 2nd offense so if he pleads not guilty the DA is just going to tell him that and will be denyed any reduction. Fine will probably be more around 200 but still plead not guilty anyways to see what the DA says.

15 over is NOT a 200 dollar fine. And i’m almost positive it will be reduced.

and ive never been to driving school either so

but my first speeding ticket.

You’d get a reduction 99% of the time even with prior speeding tickets, unless they were overly bad ones.

The only thing one should ever just plead guilty for is a parking ticket.

Fine will probably be around 150 I’d guess, but I never had any speeding tickets in Amherst.

Was for me in good ole Cheektowaga. 47 in 35, plead not guilty, Da told me it was my 2nd speeding ticket (had one 3 years prior). $120 + $80 in sur-charges. Im sure its different in each town though.

$100-150 fine

doesnt matter if its 2nd violation

/thread

:word:, mail it to audubon, show up on court date with 200 other people, bow tie DA says 100-150, go to judge and pay it, end.
your fine will prob be closer to 100 with klein and 150 with farrell

I’ve gotten 55 in a 40. The fine was $75 bucks. It was in hamburg though.

15 over isn’t really a big deal.

Cheektowaga is a whole nother beast. NO rules apply to them, they just make shit up as they go along. Worst court around, they seem to just pick a fine out of a hat and give it to you.

On Topic: Always Always Always plea not guilty to anything other than a parking ticket. 99.9% of the time it will get reduced because the small towns and cities need the money.

and does insurance go up with it getting reduced

my dads all like wtf its gonna cost liek $500 dollars and insurance is gonna go up blah blah blah

Nope.

It will get reduced to a parking ticket, and have no effect on your insurance at all…

I beg to differ. I got stopped doing 69 in a 55, which is only 14 over and i had to pay $230.00. It was $175 for the fine, and $55 NYS Surcharge.

y didnt u call me. in amherst garaunteed reduced to 2 points with driving driving school and a 100 dollar fine. amherst das a real prick to young kids. not a big deal the first 2 dont really count lol

it was like 130 in the morn…and whats this talk of points?

Listen, they’ll reduce it to a parking ticket, and you’ll pay a fine. No points, no insurance increase, prob. not any driving school either. It’s your first speeding ticket. 15 over isn’t a big deal.

My first ticket was 18 over, paid $90 and called it a day. Second was 16 over, $50 and driving school, called it a day. Third was 15 over… you get the point. Things will be ok.

Plus, if you do get a point, you can take a point reduction class and get rid of it.

Driving school’s not that bad anyways, if you get it. I have fun in it.

Edit: Although, I’ve never been to Amherst court. Just don’t show up looking like a jerk. Wear nice clothes. Talk to the DA, get it reduced. Call the judge your honer, all that crap.

^ time to bust out the suit…lol

my first speed ing tickwet at jeffs age was in amherst for the same speed over 2 years later they gave me the same thing 2 points with school and a 100 dollar fine. i assure u that is what ur going to get