RC Car Thread

I’d love to get back into the hobby. Just can’t decide on what to buy. I’ve been waiting for that rc kinetic track to open up and see what they offer.

Nah. Just a 4PL Futaba 4-channel in case I go buck wild and add rear steer.

I could give two fucks less about going fast or on a race track. Shit gets boring. I think I have more fun building these haha

How much does something like that run? I played with some of the Losi trucks about 8 years ago but got out of it for various reasons. This looks right up my alley though, I just wouldn’t know where to start as far as building it with the good shit and I’m afraid the RTR version wouldn’t last long before I shattered it into 1000 pieces.

The kit version is about $310. RTR is around $400. Link: http://www.axialracing.com/products/ax90020
The kit has softer compound tires and slightly better front axles than the RTR. Vanquish Products makes some of the best scale parts, they’re made right in California. All of the stock kit parts are plastic, so replacing them with metal makes a difference for crawling. The Vanquish tie rods and suspension links are titanium an everything fits like it should. I bought every Vanquish part for the Wraith so I don’t have to screw around later with broken parts, even the axle housings are milled aluminum.

Check some of the RC crawler forums, tons of stuff out there for parts. A lot of guys just make their own parts too.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Just lol

That little truck is BA.

For one of my lil 1/18 rc18 cars, the one I got on here used. Finally tore it down and started to rebuild. I can haz legal “Skyline” :lol
http://i.imgur.com/MF1iZ.png

I acquired a Traxxas Slash 4X4 when I bought a used lot of crawler stuff. I broke it in 5-minutes. It moves on a 3S LiPo.

I have one too. I put it all back together with Mamba Monster, but havent run it yet. Should be nutty. Hows the crawler? Take it out yet?

HPI RS4. Just finished it…probably gonna sell it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/15/ugu7e8yp.jpg

Also finished this…probably gonna sell this also.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/15/urabu3e2.jpg

Is that a Rush? Always wanted to try that body back when I got the Rustler lol Vdub looks good!

I almost bought a mini old skoo rwd skyline today lol

The day I got it running it snowed lol. Came out good though. I bought a used Axial Honcho that was part of that lot sale I’m screwing with now.

Here’s the Wraith, I still have some Mad Dog RC light bars to install.

VW came out good!

tmaxx…Thing is NUTTY!!! runs mint, elec start, tons of hop ups. half gallon of nitro

Scale piaas are the fucking tits man :rofl Thing looks great.

Those are getting removed haha.

LED light bars and rock lights will go in their place, much brighter and less hassle.

The roof light bar I have in there now is from the Exo, I’m going to cut off the 5-PIAA buckets and put this double 4" in its place, one 2" for the front bumper, and two 1" rock lights for under each side.

The Honcho I bought will get the same rock lights for the sides and a 3" light bar up front.

Ive also got a EDM electric car.

Borrowed a body till mine is done being designed.

Running a 17.5 novak DODC spec motor
DODC spec lipo batt
Tekin RS with hot wire speed controller (If I ever decide to move up classes, this thing is FULLY tuneable by laptop, its stick how much you can do)

GFRP Hyperdrive Havoc 1.0
Kryptonite machined gearbox with 2.6 gear diff (New Summer '12)
ORC aluminum CVDs
ORC titanium rear axles
Murfdogg ceramic bearings
Moose aluminum rear arms for Adjustable rear toe
Moose aluminum rear hubs w/oversized bearings
JRC slipper eliminator
JRC motor plate
96t spur gear, 64p
Serpent RCC shocks (long rear, short front)
GFRP black body posts, adjustable with replaceable stems
GFRP lightweight front bumper
unsford titanium turnbuckles
Custom Works battery strap setup
.125 rear wheel spacers included

I also bought this to rob parts for my EDM (and turns out the motor I chose is worth BIG $$)

/\ I bet I could crash that real quick lol. Dirt car looks sick.

Oh, id sell the tmaxx for like 200, rtr

Where is there to legitimately run these anymore?