Rear mount turbo car built at New Era , launching with 6 speed at NYIRP vid

A video of a rear mount twin turbo vette (yellow one) that we built this winter (his first time at the track , got kicked out after this pass) , it was taken with a camera so he couldn’t zoom in on the time , but you can get an idea of how fast it is from the video .cIt spins almost all the way down the track on the 10.5 Mickey Thompson slicks , it is tough to run this down the track especially with the standard trans but this is the way he wanted to do it , takes more balls than I have , lol . This was at 11.5 psi boost , we just ordered the bars to fab up a roll cage this week so we can be a little bit safer next time out , even though the 6 point cage still won’t be legal , but hopefully the local track will let us run with it for now on low boost because I don’t think he wants to do more than a 6 point cage in this car . By the way , this is a real street car that passed inspection a few weeks ago !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlTG6bnIkkc

Thanks,
Mike

whatd it run… nice car… If i lived down south, id own a z06

10.1 @ 142 on this pass , 1.58 60 foot time , he let off about 100 ft before he crossed because he was nervous (feeling out the car) . He also ran a 6.7 @ 113 in the 1/8 before this and coasted to a 10.9 1/4 ET @ 98 . First time at the track and he was just feeling out the car before we put a roll cage in it .

ughhhh ridiculous… :tup:

I am scared to watch the yellow vette get on it on the street, I cant imagine tring to stay in it WOT 1320 to 140+. I still haven’t gone for a ride.

Can’t wait to see it go 9’s… streeeeet car :tup:
Driven to and from the track :tup:

more specs? stock everything on motor? cost of total build? supporting mods? size of turbos? dyno numbers?

not that i can afford anything like this or plan on it, just curious what it takes to make something like that and at the same time have it be reliable enough to feel confident driving it to and from the track…and the lack of details for such a sexy build leaves me wanting to know more!

I don’t know why, but I couldn’t stop laughing after I read that. Pure fucking insanity. It’s so scary fast that it’s actually funny.

Nice work, that’s extremely impressive!

You’re welcome.
-Steve

I had a chance to ride in the car with the 800hp break in tune… lol

It is a feeling that is rather uncomfortable. I am used to the front end of a car coming up but when you feel the back end lifting due to the slicks swelling and spinning, the asshole pucker factor is huge.

wow, very impressive

That was on what the 2nd or 3rd pass ever. Stry is the fucking man.
Hes told me some stories of his 71’? BBC 4sp vette he raced in superstock, or stock eliminator back in the day. 7K dump the clutch, wheels up never lift pull 2nd…
But wow, 1.5 60’ on DOT 16inch et street in a zo6, IRS.

i heard he lifted them too.

and FTR the car made 1,00x RWHP with 15 psi. he has a build thread on vette forums ill find the link later. the 10.1 was only at 11.5 psi as mike said :lolham:.:bowrofl: . i rode in this car on the street at 15psi, traction was non existent to say the least. and yea stry is the fuckin man, i cant wait to see this thing all nice and dialed in with bigger tires and moooaarrr boots.

omfg he raced brandon in the vid, fuck why didnt anyone let me know they were going ARRRRGGGHHH. heard brandon did pretty well with just a 100 shot also :snky:

Holy shit, stry has those tires working good for him on that vid!!

well I just pooped a little

:tup:

roll king

no doubt, but with a 1.58 60 he’s pretty much all around…

this car is fucking SICK.

nice build!

i saw this car loaded up on the trailor saturday afternoon in irondequoit, ive been combing nyspeed and roclife since then to see what he ran.

ETA on high boost runs? :slight_smile:

this is my favorite car ever.

I seen this thing in the shop! I’m glad to see some numbers out of her!!