(removed)

(removed)

DAMN, I had heard horror stories before and know of a friend who just used Carl and was less than pleased with the time, but I dont think he was treated that badly. I know what shop I’ll be avoiding. Where did you end up getting the work correctly done?

Klispie Machine off Exit 57 (90 towards Erie)

god damn, dan - that’s rough dude.

glad things are finally starting to shape up some, though.

Some light at the end of the tunnel… just test fit my uber rods and pistons… fit like a glove. running about .008 above deck, so the change in crank centerline back where its supposed to be should pull them back close to zero deck… time for some cometic gaskets in .041. I am actually impessed… I had reverse engineered parts with a goal of hitting .000-.005 above deck, and working off “oem” tolerances, my numbers were dead nuts.

damn :tdown:

Yeah, its in hamburg, very small shop and kind of anchient looking imho, but everyone swears by them.

Jeller

They are actually moving into a new building by august.

I think the thing that impressed me most about them is that they give you the impression that they CARE, and LIKE what they do. Not that they just want whats in your wallet.

Sorry to hear, and good warning.

Ive heard nothing but good about Klipsie

Definitely not what I want to hear when my uncle has a brand new never run 350 sitting in his Camaro done by Mcquillen. :frowning: At least it’s a Chevy, I wouldn’t expect them to fuck that up.

Hope you get it sorted man, sucks you had to turn to the lawyers.

ive heard only good things about them too

hm… did he say he’d ever done any viper stuff before? sounds like he bit off more than he could chew by taking on a dodge V10

Yes, actually he did. However, it was all VERY simple work that anybody who knew how to use the equipment SHOULD have gotten right.

I’ve heard all good things about them as well… I’m sure its just there first viper part in the shop and they where just nervous and didn’t know what to do. that doesn’t give them an excuse to call up these companies and what not or atleast just tell you that they don’t want to do it because they have zero experience or whatever…etc…

enjoy the downtime and BS, I’ve been dealing with it for over 3 years now…

good luck

Holy :tdown:

How could they fuck it up that badly.

http://static.flickr.com/52/152042020_2ff137e622.jpg

I can’t say I’m thrilled with them myself. This happened there (or theoretically it could have been in transit from there, but it went from his employees’ hands to the back of Mike’s Jeep to hybrid where it SAT - it was since supposedly “fixed” - the engine hasn’t started yet, we’ll see. Lets hope so!

I think you are slightly missing the point…

I can UNDERSTAND them screwing up the crank snout, as it can be attributed to lack of knowledge and lack of initiative to get the correct info. On the other hand, a line bore/hone, polish, and balance is NOT rocket science, and should be virtually identical in how it is done with ANY engine block or Crank of the same configuration. The only reason those things were screwed up that they were LAZY. They didnt take the time to center the boring machine, skimped on the repolish and then charged me, and pulled a “close enough” job on the balance. Sorry, that shit doesnt cut it…not for top dollar engines and top dollar work.

It’s my nature to see different points of view. But it’s hard to see this any differently than Dan if the facts are anywhere close to what he has stated (which I have no reason to doubt). Anyone know someone over at Carl McQuillen Racing Engines and care to ask them what their version is? It’s good to know if a shop is incompetent, but OTOH it would be unfortunate if their reputation were being unfairly damaged.

Kevin is a great guy. I have known him for years, Guy is a great guy also.

Tell them you know Daniel with the honda that races at holland.

thats fucked up.