Good local Machine shop? (WNY local)

I need some MINOR work done on one of my engines (hot tanked, head and block checked for level). I dont want to goto McQuillen or the dude in Fairport NY. Can someone recommened me a reliable/responsible shop?

BRK machine in alden. closer to roch for you

Would you recommend them over Klispie’s?

Distance isnt really an issue. I’m in Buffalo a few times a month and goto Jamestown every so often.

I know a guy in canada that can do it. he builds my dads racing engines. Its maybe 25 mins away.

+1

Contact info for Klispie?

No Canada, thanks for the offer though. The major work is being done in CT on this engine and I dont feel like making two big trips out of my way.

gor-den

Merc’s Napa on Main in Clarence used to be good, but it’s been a while since i’ve dealh with them

Ok, let me make this clear. I’m looking for a responsible shop that someone has dealt with in the past 4 months, that can do some minor work, that is in the Rochester/Buffalo/Jamestown area. I will need contact info for said shop. I have the contact info for BRK in Alden, thank you Don. Can someone please give me the info for Klispie’s. Random Napa stores that were dealt with at one time, need not apply. Thank you for the suggestion though.

AMP performance. A good friend of my uncle (who pwns at cars) owns it and he did the port and polishing on my b16 head. Good service and good price.

585-671-7954

514 Vosburg Road
Webster, NY 14580

Thanks Scott, I’ll give them a call. You’d like where this is going :wink:

Farmer Automotive
585-872-2132
52 Commercial Street
Webster, NY 14580

they do great work and have decent prices. + its in Rochester. I had them check my head when TW in fairport had to much work to give me a decent turn around time.

I’ve dealt with Brian at BRK a number of times, he is fair and a good guy i can vouch for him.

BuickGN> Where is Gor-Den I wanted to go there to talk about a turbo setup on the GP.

its off of union, right b4 gilogly chevy, i forgot the name of the street, but hang a right. its on the same street as that ice cream trolly thing.

Scott, you gave me a fax phone number, that hurt…:rofl:

Don, called BRK, they’ll be getting my business. Thanks!

edit

Klispie’s messed up my dads rebuild about 10 years ago, not that anyone cares