Looking for machine shop

I need a place to deck a block, balance a crank, that sort of stuff. Any recommendations?

These guys are great and cheap

http://www.buffalomachineshop.com

Yeah, that was helpful, went through the whole first page and found 0 results. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

I found atleast two on a quick glance. the first one was 4 or 5 down and the second one was about napa, which was a few pages long.

klespie’s in hamburg, ive heard nothing but good things about them

Klepsie’s was the only one I found too. The one about napa was about engine assembly, not about doing actual machine work. I don’t need someone to assemble the engine, I need some machining done, possibly a port and polish, a custom flywheel job, etc. I’d like to find a person to deal with instead of dropping my stuff off for some random guy to work on it. Like everyone, I want it done right, and I don’t want to spend a billion dollars on it.

I had a guy in Batavia machine the head on my civic when it blew a head gasket. Its a nice small shop behind the guys house. He did a great job and had a good turn around.

Gavenda Engines
9341 SHEPARD RD
Batavia, New York 14020
Phone: (585) 344-4485

That’s the sort of response I am looking for - first hand experience with a shop doing something similar to what I need. Thank you :slight_smile:

Napa on Wherle does machine work, they’ve taken great care with anything we’ve brought them.

Have you had them balance or port and polish anything?

I use J&L performance in lancaster.They do nice work.I have had them machine 3 blocks for me and balance my 499 stroker.The balance job was great,even with solid motor mounts it didnt vibrate.

jim, northeast machine in tonawanda. They are a bit more expensive than most. About 20% more on average. However, their turnaround time is super quick and the work is top notch.

I’m not going to knock any other machine shops but there is one mentioned in this thread as being good and I don’t know if I talked to an idiot on the phone but the conversation went as follows:
Me: Yeah I’m looking to have my block tanked and bored 20 over.
idiot: ok that will be XXX bring it down.
Me: OK, I’ll be about and hour because I have to go to my house to get the pistons.
idiot: We don’t need the pistons, just bring the block by.
Me: Yeah, I’ll call you back. (click)

Vs. when I called northeast (whom I’ve had work done in the past with no issues)
Me: Yeah I’m looking to have my block tanked and bored 20 over.
Northeast: Sure thing, it’ll cost XXX and we can have it ready in 2 days. Be sure to bring your pistons and # them to each cylinder and write down what piston to wall clearance you need.

edit: Forgot to mentioned, I blueprinted the entire engine, their work was fucking dead on. I actually got nervous because the one cyl bore size was something like .0005" different from the rest, and sure as shit, the piston matched it perfect for my desired piston to wall clearance.

I think we have a winner ladies and gentlemen.